Since I have 3 boys I get asked this question all of the time. I blogged about it recently (here it is if you want to read it) http://onestopboyshop.com/blog/?p=147. So I thought I'd ask you guys.. As mom's to boys, do you wish for a girl?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

My first was a boy and I really, really wanted a girl "for me." Luckily, everything worked out and my second was a girl. But I would have been happy with two boys, too. However, it is wonderful having a girl to do girly mom/daughter things.
Of course I'd welcome a girl into my family with my whole heart, but I admit, while I was pregnant with my son, I had REALLY wanted a boy. I feel guilty about it, still, even if I still don't have a little girl, but I had grown up with boys and I had been such a horrible :P daughter. LOL. I felt like I didn't know how to handle girls and boys seemed much more manageable (little did I know...)
I posted about this back in the begining of March. I just love looking at all those cute little girly clothes whenever I am shopping for my boys. After being blessed with two boys I would have loved to have a girl but with our busy life it is just not going to happen unless our life gets less busy in a few more years when the boys are older.

http://schnider-am.blogspot.com/
I have three sons and love them all (isn't that always how we preface this discussion???) I was never disappointed with having another boy because it was easier and they have someone to play with , and I had all the "stuff"...but I will always long for a daughter.

I was a peace with the outcome before we ever became pregnant because we tried to have girls, but we couldn't concieve, so we had to make a decision - continue trying to have a girl or try to have a BABY. We obviously chose the second and jumped in with both feet from the beginning. It really helped me and there was never any disappointment.

I will probably always wish for a daughter, but it doesn't diminish what I have with my sons.
I'm afraid of having a girl! I was a nightmare, so I always wanted a boy and I was so happy to be blessed with one. I hope our next one is a boy too, but of course I will be crazy about my girl if she shows up...I'm still crossing my fingers for another boy though!
I have mixed feelings. I have the 2 boys now and they are actually really cool kids. I have so much fun with them since I am not a girly girl. I do have moments when I want a girl but then again I think about the teenage years and that passes really fast. I do have to say my 4yr old wants a sister and was pissed when I told him the baby (1 now) was a boy. I still hear almost daily how he wants a sister and he never wanted a brother. I think he would trade his brother for a sister in a heartbeat. Who knows because he is protective of him when we are out around other people. I want to try for a girl one day but then I think what happens if its a boy? Do we keep trying? Will I be disapointed, because the oldest will. What kind of way is that to bring a child in this world. Who knows maybe we can talk about adoption.
I do want a girl, but it isn't a HUGE deal...I have a boy name picked out too in case #3 is also a boy (and I'm not even pregnant).
I love having two boys. When I think of wanting a girl it is for selfish reasons, like to have someone who wants to do crafts with me.
I cried a tiny tear (as cliche as that is) on the ultrasound tech's table when I found out I was having a boy. I couldn't imagine my son as a girl, and I obviously love him very much. But I've also always wanted a girl. The upside to having a second boy is the built in wardrobe, but I will gladly buy a new wardrobe of pink skirts (but no newborn headbands!).
For some reason I have always pictured myself the mom of four boys. So far I have two boys, so I guess I still have some work to do to get to that four boy goal.

I am the oldest of three girls, so I do find it interesting that I would like to raise boys. If I had a girl I would be happy and love her to pieces, but I just have a hard time imagining myself as the mother of a girl.
I've had a girl name picked out for years, since before we were married, back in college! But each baby turned out to be a boy. Which I love more than anything, wouldn't trade any of them. But I do still want a girl. Caught between giving up (most likely) and seeing if we're brave enough to try again (either bio or adopt).
I sometimes worry that I will miss out on a great mother daughter relationship like my mother and I have, but I also do not want to go through all of the rebellious stages that I put my mother through! My two boys keep me busy enough and fill the house with love!
Nancy..I get asked that all the time//People seem to pity me when I'm out with my brood.. To be honest .. my husband wants to try for a girl but.....Im starting to treally love Legos and trucks..LOL Natalee http://totmama.blogspot.com/..visit my blog please girls

RSS

12/22/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service