Hi everyone. My son recently turned one and I've been looking up info on potty training. I know it might be too soon but I'd like to be ready when he is.
Any advise on when is a good time to start or what I should do.
I need some tips from actual mommies.
thanks

xo
Kitty

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

well, be patient! Boys take forever to train! I wouldn't even think of starting until at least 18 months and probably closer to 2 years.
My son had no interest at all.
About 2 weeks after his 3rd bday I told him no more diaps.
He wore pull ups at nap & bedtime only.
He did really well.

He wears pull ups at night but goes great during the day.
Pooping takes a bit longer for boys but I think he started to poop on the small potty about a month after taking his diaps away.

Now he goes on the big potty all the time.
Holds himself up & that is that.

Give him rewards.
Everytime my little guy went on the potty he got a lollipop or a sticker or a coloring book.
Eventually I took the treats away but rewards work with my boy.

Good luck!
I am having trouble getting my 3 year old to even try. He argues and refuses no matter what motivators are used (stickers, candy, toys, money, etc). I agree with Jennifer about patience but also don't feel pushed by what they "should" do. I have heard from many other mothers that boys take longer and often times will do it when they are ready. I am so desperate to be rid of diapers though I am considering the 3 day technique where they stay naked from the waste down for 3 days with potties in close proximity and wear pull ups for sleep only. Good luck, and if you get any good ideas send them this way. I also have a 2 year old boy I need to get going on.
thanks to everyone fot the tips. I'm still researching online and with family and friends.
I feel totally clueless

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service