Does anyone have any ideas on how to get started with freelancing? I am thinking I want to go the magazine route but truthfully, will pursue anywhere...I have no idea what I am doing or even where to begin so any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natalie: I'm in the same boat you are and curious if you have progressed much in your freelancing efforts? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Julie
www.sospouse@blogspot.com
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
that is great. Where are you getting it published at?

Carrie Kennison said:
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
Parent Guide News, its a small NY city parenting magazine. Its a start! It was my first query so I am so excited!

Aysha Iqbal said:

Carrie Kennison said:
Good luck...when it gets published, pls do post it here...
I too am going to write a few articles and start pitching magazines :)
I hope to see some results in a few months

Carrie Kennison said:
Parent Guide News, its a small NY city parenting magazine. Its a start! It was my first query so I am so excited!

Aysha Iqbal said:

Carrie Kennison said:
I know of an opportunity. If anyone lives in one of these cities, email me:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
I dont live in the Inland Empire but I live in Orange County? would it apply to me? if yes please email at aysha.iqbal19@gmail.com

Angie Atchley said:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
I believe they already have someone in Orange county. How close are you to Inland Empire? It's writing about kids activities and events in that area.

Aysha Iqbal said:
I dont live in the Inland Empire but I live in Orange County? would it apply to me? if yes please email at aysha.iqbal19@gmail.com

Angie Atchley said:
I am like an hour away...hmm then I am not sure...I have to search around for events in my area :)

Angie Atchley said:
I believe they already have someone in Orange county. How close are you to Inland Empire? It's writing about kids activities and events in that area.

Aysha Iqbal said:

Angie Atchley said:
These are great tips! Thank You!

Andrea
http://andrea-newblog.blogspot.com/
This is a very good site you may want to check:
http://workingwriterscoach.com/

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…