Does anyone have any ideas on how to get started with freelancing? I am thinking I want to go the magazine route but truthfully, will pursue anywhere...I have no idea what I am doing or even where to begin so any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Natalie: I'm in the same boat you are and curious if you have progressed much in your freelancing efforts? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Julie
www.sospouse@blogspot.com
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
that is great. Where are you getting it published at?

Carrie Kennison said:
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
Parent Guide News, its a small NY city parenting magazine. Its a start! It was my first query so I am so excited!

Aysha Iqbal said:
that is great. Where are you getting it published at?

Carrie Kennison said:
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
Good luck...when it gets published, pls do post it here...
I too am going to write a few articles and start pitching magazines :)
I hope to see some results in a few months


Carrie Kennison said:
Parent Guide News, its a small NY city parenting magazine. Its a start! It was my first query so I am so excited!

Aysha Iqbal said:
that is great. Where are you getting it published at?

Carrie Kennison said:
I am so glad I found this, I just started freelancing myself. My first article will be in print January 2011. And I am still trying to figure it all out. So thank you for asking such a great question and thank you to all the others for the great and insightful answers.
I know of an opportunity. If anyone lives in one of these cities, email me:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
I dont live in the Inland Empire but I live in Orange County? would it apply to me? if yes please email at aysha.iqbal19@gmail.com

Angie Atchley said:
I know of an opportunity. If anyone lives in one of these cities, email me:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
I believe they already have someone in Orange county. How close are you to Inland Empire? It's writing about kids activities and events in that area.

Aysha Iqbal said:
I dont live in the Inland Empire but I live in Orange County? would it apply to me? if yes please email at aysha.iqbal19@gmail.com

Angie Atchley said:
I know of an opportunity. If anyone lives in one of these cities, email me:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
I am like an hour away...hmm then I am not sure...I have to search around for events in my area :)

Angie Atchley said:
I believe they already have someone in Orange county. How close are you to Inland Empire? It's writing about kids activities and events in that area.

Aysha Iqbal said:
I dont live in the Inland Empire but I live in Orange County? would it apply to me? if yes please email at aysha.iqbal19@gmail.com

Angie Atchley said:
I know of an opportunity. If anyone lives in one of these cities, email me:
Berkeley, Charleston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Honolulu, L.A. - Inland Empire, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, OKC, Raleigh, Seattle, Toronto, or Vancouver.
These are great tips! Thank You!

Andrea
http://andrea-newblog.blogspot.com/
This is a very good site you may want to check:
http://workingwriterscoach.com/

RSS

12/23/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn


Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service