A collection of short stories and poems with the "mom" theme written by members of the Aspiring Writers Group on mombloggersclub.  Linda Boulanger with TreasureLine Publishing will spearhead the project.  Any suggestions on names are welcome.  How about a deadline?  School is coming to a close.  Is it reasonable to expect all submissions to be made by...Mother's Day or Memorial Day???

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Yikes - I don't want to hold everybody up but 1st week of June is more likely for me. I haven't started!!
:-)
Swati
Mothers Day is in a week! Yikes! You would probably need to have submissions open for at least a month or two. Also, what would the publishing and sales details look like?
This sounds great! I think Memorial Day sounds like a better deadline. I read a little about what you ladies discussed on the comment wall and I'm excited to participate! :)
Definitely Memorial Day at the earliest. Like Swati said, I haven't started yet!
How many submissions are you looking to get? Where will you be marketing the book?
I think first week in June too. Are you thinking fiction or more of a compilation of the trials and tribulations of "real" motherhood? What is a ballpark word count for the short stories? That will help me to decide which piece I'll want to polish for submission.
More information on the way shortly. How about a June 15 deadline? That is just over 6 weeks... Everyone made my day with the yelps from a Mother's Day deadline. I looked at my calendar wrong!!! (However, I did used to participate in a challenge where we churned out a short story EVERY WEEK. They weren't always good but...they did get done!). If June 15 sounds good, we will go with that. Details...back to the details....
June 15th sounds great!
I have had information on the MBC Mom Book placed on One Stop Publisher: http://onestoppublisher.com/MBCMomBookInformation.aspx. Feel free to let me know if there is anything I missed
I have had a link to the contract that would be required listed under How To Submit. It is a pdf file you may print or read online. It mirrors the contract we have to follow to have the books printed.
A question about the royalties has been raised. I wanted everyone to know discussions will resume Monday (5/3/10) concerning the royalties. We are throwing around ideas of donations. I do this with one of my own books with a portion of the proceeds going to our local ARF. We are also contemplating changing it to limiting the number of submissions we will accept and actually splitting the royalties among the participants. The donation is more common, however, as I told the individual, we definitely do not do everything the way others do it!

For other books published by us, our TreasureLineBooks bookstore is currently under construction. However, you can see a few of the books there. We are slowly getting all of our authors are listed there but it will still give you an idea and show you some of the books we have published.

If we share royalties, we will have to have a confirmation that you will participate most likely within the next week even though your submission will not be required before June 15.
MBC Mom Book Potential Participants

I have received emails from and/or noted comments on the MBC Aspiring Writers Group page that the following authors have expressed interest in participating in the MBC Mom Book (as yet unnamed). If you are among those listed and/or you desire to participate, please notify me ASAP at AwesomeMessages@sbcglobal.net. Royalties will be shared on the book, however, the number of authors will be limited. (Please see: http://onestoppublisher.com/MBCMomBookInformation.aspx).

Authors having expressed an interest: Christina Crowther, Beth Davis, Cj Poindexter, Deana Barnhart, Jillian Livingston, Swati Bharteey, Meagan Frank, Michele Brown, Shay, Anne Dahlhauser, Cindy Scheurr.

An intent to participate must be sent to Linda at the email above by Monday, May 10, 2010. Thanks for your patience as we iron out the details.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service