Hi Moms,

I own a independent book publishing company and I was thinking about starting some video online sessions or a video online writing group for those who are writing and want some input or want to know how to get published and maybe some tips and tricks of the industry.   What do you think?  What would be some things you would be interested in? Would you pay for it?  How much (especially in today's economy)? Would you want a group that was only for 'moms'?  I'd really like some input because I like to "round table" things before I put them in motion.  Thanks!

Shana

www.writerslairbooks.com

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Shana,

Your idea would certainly be useful to authors, but with all the free writing sites and agents and publishers' blogs out there I'm not sure about charging for it.

There's just so much free info that it's getting harder and harder to get people to pay for it. It's even tough to get attendees for free workshops.

Best wishes on your endeavor,

Karen Cioffi

http://karencioffiwritingandmarketing.com

Hi, I am also the CEO of Whim Publishing for almost 4 years now. We have published Randy Kazandy, Where Are Your Glasses? and now have a new designer line of lead free glasses for kids being sold worldwide. Brainstorming on your ideas are great. Lots of people follow me from the SCBWI and I am a book reviewer for Random House, Simon & Schuster, Sacramento/San Francisco, and Putnum Book Reviews. Just writing to say hi. http://oohlaladeparis.com/kids/

www.randykazandy.com

Karen Cioffi-Ventrice said:

Hi, Shana,

Your idea would certainly be useful to authors, but with all the free writing sites and agents and publishers' blogs out there I'm not sure about charging for it.

There's just so much free info that it's getting harder and harder to get people to pay for it. It's even tough to get attendees for free workshops.

Best wishes on your endeavor,

Karen Cioffi

http://karencioffiwritingandmarketing.com

I think videos for authors trying to get published would be great if they offered actual tips that were helpful and not just restated info from other sites. I would be willing to pay for information that would help me get published or would have links to those interested in seeing submissions. I have found that lately, economy maybe the reason, but that links suggested then state : closed to submissions. Very discouraging. Keep us posted and I would be willing to post about it on my site to get more exposure.

Terri

As someone who has an interest in publishing my work at some point I would definitely be interested in learning things that are practical and helpful.  So much information out there seems vague or unrealistic.  I think a real nuts and bolts regarding the process, steps to take and trouble shooting kind of videos would be great.

Hi Terri,

I just did a coaching session in Miami for Readers Favorite book awards ceremony. If you click onto Readers Favorites I gave 20 tips you may be interested in. Always willing to help out fellow authors. We will be starting webinars in 2013.

www.randykazandy.com

rfischer@randykazandy.com

RSS

10/17/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup

Advertisement

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.