I'm sort of new to this, and I was wondering...do you use an ad network? If so, which one, and what do you think of it?

I currently am using Google Adwords, and I'm not that impressed with it. Any insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kim

Tags: Ad, Advertising, Adwords, Network, blogs, on, tips

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

There are several traffic-based ad networks you can apply to: BlogHer, Glam, or Lifetime Moms are just a few. It's rare that bloggers make much money from traffic-based ad networks (if you're looking for more than $100 you may be disappointed--and it's more likely you'll make less than $50 unless your traffic is stupendous). If you have a niche blog or a very popular blog, you may want to consider selling your own ads. It takes more effort on your part, but you can choose vendors/bloggers who fit your audience more completely.

If you do choose to go with a traffic-based ad program, read the contracts thoroughly to make sure you agree with everything. For instance one network doesn't allow you to do giveaways on a blog with their ads because it competes with their clients. Most ad networks will also ask you to sign a one-year contract and require at least one set of ads to be above the fold.

Melanie Nelson
Contributing Editor at BlogHer.com (Web/Tech)
Owner, Blogging Basics 101
Co-author, TypePad for Dummies (due in stores Feb. 2010)

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service