I am trying, REALLY trying to learn to like Christian music. The contemporary praise stuff all sounds the same to me so far.

I've been listening to live streams from this website all day: http://www.christianityradio.com/. It's pretty cool because there are several different genres from which to choose.

Anyone have any suggestions of favorite singers/bands/songs/websites?

God bless,
Erin :)

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with ya, Erin ... a lot of it does sound the same and I have a hard time really getting into it. But I do like Mercy Me and Casting Crowns ... I also LOVE Keith Greene. He died about 25 years ago, but his music is just classic, so real, so transparent. I could listen to him all day. I think you'd like him.
Melinda, I love Keith Green, too! I also could listen to him all day. We own all his CDs and my husband loves to play his songs on the piano :). I have tons of his songs on my music playlist on my blog at http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/ .
Oh my goodness Melinda - I haven't heard Keith Greene in forever - I had him in tape back in the day!!! I need to go to itunes and look him up - thanks for the reminder that I liked his music way back when...although now I bet he sounds terribly hippy...but that's ok - his words were meaningful like you said.
Try the band Third Day . They are my favorite!
I like Hillsong United, and I'm working on an artist named Jonny Diaz - he's got a nice sound and it's not necessarily "church" music, but more feel good music (but still Christian).

Hope that helps!

~Debbie
Also try Point of Grace - I've heard they're good too. Haven't listened myself, but hopefully will have a chance soon. :)
Thanks for all the recommendations! Candace... I like all sorts of music, actually. Hard to pin down a specific type. Probably the biggest genre of music I listen to would be categorized as "alternative." Although I have a country station preset in my car that I tell no one about. I listen to it sometimes when I'm by myself and it makes me cry. *laugh* I'm addicted to Elton John right now and Josh Groban, too.

My blog
Wow, Christian music like all other music is not about liking it but if it speaks to you at that moment. You can relate to some songs more than others and also the melody or rythm is very important in liking a song. I personally enjoy all times of Christian music and Gospel. Music is very personal and connecting to God with it can be very rewarding.
Suggestions

Chris Tomlin, Nicole C Mullen, Brandon Heath, Judy Jacobs, Casting Crowns
Hi Erin!
My friend and I actually started playing worship music for our church (we are 2 Christian mommies) We love all sorts of music, but Contemporary Christian music really moves us!
We both love music from MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Jonny Diaz and Big Daddy Weave. We are trying to attract the youth by listening and playing more "rocky" alternative music like Seventh Day Slumber and my fav Addison Road!
Check out our blog and let us know what you think!

Suzanne
www.gracenotes95.blogspot.com
Hi Erin!

My husband and I were finally turned on to Christian music about 5 years ago. I started listening to Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Third Day, all good suggestions.

I would also recommend David Crowder. He is awesome and has his own unique style.

God Bless!
Right now I am loving praise and worship....particularly Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder, Casting Crowns, etc. Also, love Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith. I have a big variety in what I listen to but these are just a few. I have recently posted some of my fave Chris Tomlin on my blog, A Mom After God's Own Heart....http://therempels4.blogspot.com
Mathew west, switchfoot, Israel Houston and new breed, Martha munizzi wow there are so many good ones check out this radio station http://wayf.wayfm.com/ I listen to it all the time. Its awesome!

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service