I am trying, REALLY trying to learn to like Christian music. The contemporary praise stuff all sounds the same to me so far.

I've been listening to live streams from this website all day: http://www.christianityradio.com/. It's pretty cool because there are several different genres from which to choose.

Anyone have any suggestions of favorite singers/bands/songs/websites?

God bless,
Erin :)

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Christian music was a hard sell for me at one time and now it's about all I listen to. I like Casting Crowns, Third Day, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp and Toby Mac...plus many more that happen to be on Wow Cds..lol. I don't really follow anyone. Once I became convicted that music is something made by God to worship God, it was hard for me to listen to music that did not honor him. Of course there is neutral music and that is fine. I remember forcing myself to listen to Christain music...a strange thing happened...I learned to love. Not for the quality...lol..but because through that music I felt God's love and felt blessed and felt like praising the Lord. That made me listen to it and appreciate the lyrics and sentiment even if the music wasn't the greatest. However, I have found plenty I really like. I think the listener needs the ears to hear. I think your heart needs to be set on praising. Yet, there are some terrible christian artists out there...lol..not denying that. lol. I also LOVE hymns because of the church age most were written in. Love music that says the name of Jesus and quotes scripture!
I love hymns and praise/worship songs. My all time favorite singer was Keith Green. His songs/messages are deep, meaningful, and inspriational plus they won't all sound the same to you :). He has a unique voice and unique style of singing & piano-playing. I have tons of his songs on my playlist at http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/ if you would like to check them out. I also like Rich Mullins, Don Francisco, Chris Tomlin, Steve Camp, and Fernando Ortega.
Melinda, I love Keith Green, too! I also could listen to him all day. We own all his CDs and my husband loves to play his songs on the piano :). I have tons of his songs on my music playlist on my blog at http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/ .
I forgot to mention that every Saturday, I participate in the Then Sings My Soul Saturdays meme. Each participant posts a (Youtube, Tangle, Vimeo, etc.) video featuring a song that speaks to his/her heart or a song that he/she would like to share. I have discovered several new singers/bands/songs through this meme. If you're interested, please visit my blog and find posts on Saturdays :).
I am loving these two songs right now....

What Faith Can Do - Kutless
How He Loves - David Crowder Band
Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Steven Curtis Chapman, Kutless, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, Building 429, Jeremy Camp....just some of my faves! Michael W. Smith also! But I like the classic stuff too, like Keith Green, Gaithers, Petra, Whiteheart, WhiteCross
Not sure what type of music you're looking for, but my personal favorites include Third Day, Toby Mac, Skillet, Switchfoot, Franchesa Battestelli, and Decypher Down. I love Christian rock and alternative! As far as radio stations go, check out Air 1 - you can listen online and find local stations. It's awesome!

Amanda @ Confessions of a Wannabe Supermom
http://itsjustamanda.wordpress.com/
Hey, I'm new here but love this question. I'm a Christian music junkie. It's neat that someone mentioned Keith Green. I thought I was the only one who was still listening to his music. I love all the artists already mentioned--Third Day, Chris Tomlin, Mercy Me, and the David Crowder Band. Some newer artists I love are Phil Wickham, Jimmy Needham, and Glory Revealed (that's a bunch of different artists).

I feature a different song on my blog each week--most of the time it's a song that isn't well-known but worth listening to.

Thanks,
Kathie at http://goodnessandmercyshallfollow.blogspot.com
I'm with you. Even in church - we do about 20 minutes of praise worship and it's too long for me. I have my favorite songs and I have them on itunes so I play those regularly but frankly, I get bored. Find what you like to sing and search for those on itunes until you find a version you like.
I Like Tenth Avenue North, Jeremy Camp, Trevor Davis

RSS

12/29/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service