Hi gals,

Courtney from Women Living Well Blog presented an awesome idea on her blog.

Please visit the link I shared above to get the nitty gritty of how it works, but basically she suggests finding a few other women who have the same goal in mind (spending daily time with God), and then each of them writes to each other daily and shares what they've read in their Bible and in that way hold each other accountable for their quiet time with the Lord. This is also an opportunity for them to share things going on in their lives and ask for prayer. Isn't that a neat idea? I loved it.

I have contacted a leader in our church to see if she can somehow help me find other women who are interested in this, but I also realized that some of you might be interested in this as well! You could start your own small groups or contact me (via this website or mamatoosi@gmail.com) if you want to start one with me!

God bless,
Erin :)

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Erin!!! I did not even think of posting this idea here!!! Thank you so sincerely much for doing this and for your enthusiasm! I am praying that God brings you a sweet group of ladies to do this with!!! My heart is warmed by your desire to love your God and encourage other ladies to love your God with you!!! Blessings!!!
Courtney
www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

Yes peeps -
Do you wish you were more consistent in your daily walk with God?

Do you wish you had a few friends you could discuss deeper things with - like your quiet times with God?

How about starting a Good Morning Girls Group?

The “Good Morning Girls” is a title for a group of women who use email to keep each other accountable for their quiet times. For 2 years straight, I have been a part of 5 girls who email each other each weekday morning after we have our quiet time. We say “Good Morning” and then share what we read in our quiet time. Some of us have our quiet time first thing in the morning, while others squeeze it in during children’s naps or at bedtime.

Come on over and see what the Good Morning Girls is all about!!
http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/2009/08/good-morning-girls-fall-kick-off.html
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I have been looking for a women's ministry in my area to serve this kind of purpose, but haven't been able to find one. I have been toying witht he idea of starting my own. But I think this would be a great place to start. It would be a good way to stay motivated ot keep God first when it can be so easy to get preoccupied.
Erin - I got an email this morning from a woman who was looking for a group and had no one - I sent her your email address - so you may hear from her soon!! Thank you for making yourself available and open in this way! What an encouragement you are!!!

Courtney
http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com
Thanks so much Courtney! She has contacted me!
Hi Erin,

Can you count me in, I love this idea. I have been thinking about it the whole week-end and i really need some accountability parteners. thanx so much what and awsome idea.

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service