ADVERTISEMENT

Alright, how about we post up some tips we might have stumbled across for cleaning our cloth diapers...Or just our cleaning routine. I'm sure we'd all appreciate some tips :-)

I'm about to strip my cloth diapers with vinegar...they've started to smell a bit even after a really good washing, so I'm hoping that washing them after adding a little vinegar might help.

For stains, there's just nothing like sunshine. Another Mama told me about that, and I didn't believe her. Here I am months later, and I just throw any stained diapers out on a clothesline for a few hours.

For pocket diapers or AIOs, I really believe that you've got to get them in the wash as soon as you possibly can have a big enough load. Otherwise, I swear they hold onto that stink a little too long.

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

How much vinegar do you use? Do you do a whole cycle with it? Just a rinse?

My routine is to do a cold rinse then wash hot with Maggie's Soapnuts. We've been cloth diapering for about 5 months now and have no smelly issues! I'm interested in how others do it, too!

Stephanie
www.AdventuresInBabywearing.com
When my son was a baby, I used a few drops of tea tree oil in the wash. I only used vinegar about once a week.

I live by Original Blue Dawn for stripping.

Also don't use fabric softeners or bleach.

I've been cloth diapering for almost 5 years now.

Melinda
hippie-mommy.com
I agree to the sunshine! It really bleaches the stain away. For me (and don't be too shocked) nothing has worked quite as well regular Tide. I know. It is crazy. I have hard well water out here in the country and every "cloth diaper friendly" detergent leaves my dipes smelling like ammonia. Even with calgon. But with Tide I get stink free diapers. I want to try soap nuts, but I am afraid of the same thing happening.
Annie
mamadweeb.com

RSS

Our Latest Food, Travel & Lifestyle Posts

Why It’s Important to Hire a Carpet Cleaning Company

One of the healthiest things you can do for your family is to make sure your carpets are consistently cleaned. Not only does it make for an aesthetically pleasing environment it also ensures that your carpets are hygienic especially if you have pets that shed often and a revolving door of visitors.…

OUR DAILY PINS

Latest Activity

Wanda Jefferson posted a video

ChickaChicka123 by Bill Martin Jr & Michael Sampson Illustrated by Lois Ehlert Narrated by Ronald Jr

He was the reader today for his kindergarten, class so he did his own video for all. That twist in his words sounds so cute and so much like Ronald Sr. It's ...
50 minutes ago
iveth replied to Mercedes Sherman's discussion 'Linky Parties!'
5 hours ago
iveth liked Mercedes Sherman's discussion Linky Parties!
5 hours ago
iveth liked Maria Foy's profile
5 hours ago
iveth commented on Golda Smith's group 'I LOVE Wordpress'
5 hours ago
iveth joined Golda Smith's group
5 hours ago
iveth liked Golda Smith's group I LOVE Wordpress
5 hours ago
iveth posted a status
"#Alittlebitofeverything linky is up on the blog .. comment and join us http://wp.me/p6bxAJ-14q #bloggers #pbloggers #rt"
5 hours ago

Advertisement

© 2016   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service