I've been going green the easy way for 18 years now. Just started blogging about it. Its interesting how you can save so much money while saving the planet.
What kind of things have you done so far that have done both for you?

Tags: budget, eco, family, friendly, going, green, living, modern, money, parenting, More…saving

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

My husband and I went down to one car. Although it makes getting out of the house a little harder, we save money and gas at the same time. We also use cloth shopping bags so we get a discount from the grocery store.
Every time I go food shopping I get a reuseable grocery bag. I get them for free by buying certain foods, hey I'm all about free.
The reusable grocery bags are great, and now some stores take 5 cents off your bill for each reusable bag you use for shopping there!
Going green is all about saving money; used clothes (hand-me-downs) to planting a vegie garden for organic produce! We should all share our ideas here...
Hi!!

We started going green about 17 months ago when my daughter was born, and now we are about half-way to Incredible Hulk green.

We use cloth diapers, I am a work-at-home-mom who sews cloth diaper covers, we use homemade all-natural cleaning products and laundry detergent (from other work-at-home-moms), we use cloth toilet paper (family cloth) and unpaper towels, reusable bags, and recycle. I guess we're not as hardcore as some, but I feel like we're making a difference. And it hasn't been as hard as we thought it would be.

Thank you for this group! I am always looking for more ways to go green.
I obviously take my bags shopping, even to malls, although I get stopped a lot before I leave the store! It helps me not spend as much because I only take one or two bags and once they are full, that's it! I also re-use any and very container, be it for crafts, storage or watering plants. have a very small trash can in my kitchen and it only gets filled every 2-3 days, since I'm working on reducing waste. I also send $95 a month taking the bus to work, since I work about 25 minutes from home, this def. saves tons on gas!
First things First --- I have a dream!!!!!
I want to buy 100 acres and build a self sufficient green off the grid - commune - (houses built from tires)for parents to live that have special needs kids
a place where there is help - hope and of course fun
I can not do this alone - I need help - want to help? ask me how you can help!

Well I/we do alot of things green but I have my limit -( I will die using TP - sorry I am not giving that one up - lol)
but I do lots of things to be green
I dont buy pre packaged food
other than rice / noodles
I compost -I use straw as mulch for trees and in the garden for weeds
and reuse plastic bottles to water trees - poke a few tiny holes in the bottom and bury near the tree root- fill w/water and it will seep into the ground (heavier plastic from laundry soap) not plastic water bottles
I buy concentrated green safe cleaning products and personal products from a catalog Co.
and only buy what we use on a monthly basis
I buy my veggies from a rancher (co-op)
I buy my meat from a rancher as well
ohhhhhh and I shop Goodwill or Savers or any thrift store - always have always will
oh yea I dont wash my car - lol - I live on a dirt road so why

and last but not least is my dream

First things First --- I have a dream!!!!!
I want to buy 100 acres and build a self sufficient green off the grid - commune - (houses built from tires)for parents to live that have special needs kids
a place where there is help - hope and of course fun
I can not do this alone - I need help - want to help? ask me how you can help!
We recycle everything! I use ends of bread loaves for a great baked french toast recipe, we save PB jars for church projects and when we print anything, we use the backs of our kids' drawings and newsletters sent home from school. It saves a lot on paper consumption!

PS. if you want the french toast recipe, visit my blog and leave a comment! Thanks!

MOMMY MOVES AGAIN

RSS

11/21/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service