Name one cultural thing that you don't understand (in the country you live in.)

As an expat mom, name one cultural thing that you don't understand in the country you live in.

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why the French think it's OK and *more hygenic* to wear Speedos on the beach or at the pool. I am grossed out everytime I see a man or little boy wearing one!

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I am not considering myself as an expat, rather as a always and ever journeying woman, but think even as such, I will qualify for answering to that thread.
Living in Germany since some months now, I truly do not get the reason why there is no max. speed at the German highways. In practice it means that in case you are not a race-driver, for the safety of yourself and your own car, you should actually use one track ONLY!
Native to the UK but the way that the theoretically polite Brits behave on the underground in London is beyond me.

They stand in front of the doors blocking the people getting off. They stand inside the doors blocking the people getting off. They never move. The never move down inside the carriages.

I try to avoid the underground as much as possible.
I wonder why more Croatians do not use clothes dryers. Oh, it would be SOOOOO helpful to have one and to not have to iron so much. I would get one but I don't know where I'd put it since apartments are not made with clothes dryers in mind. Seriously - ours is a brand new apartment and has only a washer hook up. No place for that dryer tube. *boo*
Alexandra said:
I am not considering myself as an expat, rather as a always and ever journeying woman, but think even as such, I will qualify for answering to that thread.
Living in Germany since some months now, I truly do not get the reason why there is no max. speed at the German highways. In practice it means that in case you are not a race-driver, for the safety of yourself and your own car, you should actually use one track ONLY!

As far as I know that was true until about 10 years ago, but now I believe the speed limit is 120 or 140 Km/h. But the Germand still drive as if the "no speed limit" thing was still going on, don't they? So scary.

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service