I thought it would be fun to share the little (and big) green things we do daily. I know sometimes I get frustrated and feel like I'm not doing enough, even though the little things add up. So I thought sharing with each other all the little things we do each day might keep us all feeling motivated.

Today I used cloth napkins and bought used instead of new.

Tags: green

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I want to get into the cloth napkin habit. One thing I learned is don't replenish the paper towels too quickly or they'll get used instead of rags even for the easiest cleanups.
We started a compost pile, so I've been trying to remember to add our scraps to it each day - especially now that we don't really get enough sunlight to dry our clothes on the line.
We keep a small compost bucket in the kitchen and then empty as it becomes full. It's a small bucket, not drywall size.
I bought reusable super absorbency cloths at Trader Joes to cut back my paper towel use and I finally got Castille soap so I can get rid of all my chemicals - it works super well too and cleans better than the stinky carcinogenic stuff!
Even though I have been talking and thinking about doing it for a long time I finally bought some cloth napkins so hopefully the paper towel use in our house will go down.

RSS

12/19/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service