The first year I homeschooled my kids I used the internet alot!!! Printing off worksheets and planners and all that. This year I have purchased textbooks for the kids to use as they seem to do better with structure and something solid in their hands.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

We unschool... love the relaxed style.
We are 'relaxed" homeschoolers--We use KONOS online co-op and Alpha Omega Lifepacs for reading and math...but view life as more of an adventure so often go where the cool projects take us....
LaDonna... thanks so much for that site! I have a 3 almost 4 year old that would love this! She has started clicknkids too... just trying to give her something to do while I am homeschooling the older ones. Great resource! Thanks again!!!

LaDonna Harris said:
You could help her use www.starfall.com

Simply Hair said:
My daughter will be 3 this September. She knows how to count to 10 , but I want her to learn the alphabets. Any ideas? Should I just print them out and go over it with her everyday?
We did work books that we picked up at Costco's for a year and half. This year we are using text books. I am much happy with this I don't feel like I am missing anything.
Teresa
I consider myself a "radical unschooler." My kids are learning all the time! My profile on my blog gives a good description of what my kids do.

My oldest is 12 and LOVES Science so I've been breaking him into Abeka's Algebra because if he's going to pursue the Science, he'll need the Math. My youngest is 4 and at the rate he's going, he'll be doing Algebra not much long after! LOL!

My stepdaughter has moved back home and is studying to be a teacher. She is as much anti-homeschooling as I am anti-school so she has started to sit down with the kids and teach them History and some other stuff. I think she'll get burnt out real quick though!
We are Eclectic all the way to radical unschooling. Most of the time we lay some place in the middle, which some times makes it hard for us to be part of a specific group completely.

Our two boys are 4 & 7. This year is the year it's official for our oldest because that's when we need to start sending things in to the district and do testing. So far so good. My son loves it. Last year he tried public school, which lasted a month. This year we thought we would try online school (still public) and that lasted a week! hehe
I started off using a full curriculum, the following year it was workbooks and such from different places, and now I just switched things up. Yes right in the middle of our homeschool year. Today I added work on the computer through Time4Learning. I am also adding a weekly trip to the library and I have added what I call life skills into the mix.

Today was the first day in a long time that I saw excitement on my kids faces and they were eager to start our day.
We call our "brand" of unschooling, "vacation schooling" because we travel and learn primarily from our trips. I am finding that we are all learning much more and having more fun with less stress. That's what I blog about.
I do a bit of both really.I purchase education books, print lots of worksheets from the net and use the library.

There are some really good sites on the net.

I tend to bookmark them so i know which ones are safe.
hi and i am homeschooling my 2 boys 12 and 14 and we base our learning on natural learning...this is only our second year homeschooling...we are loving our journey and that is why we started a blog... http://zannick.blogspot.com/ looking forward to getting to know lots of other homeschool bloggers and following.....hope you all like my blog and would love anyone to follow us.....

We are year round schoolers, pretty relaxed and use a Online program  for our curricula :)

Text books are hard to come and quite expensive here ( Northern Ireland). Instead we use good quality children's books and develop our own curriculum - but I do buy Maths books such as Kumon. We also use the internet, online programmes like Jumpstart/ Mathsblaster and as many hands on activities as possible.

RSS

10/23/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service