I was going to for this summer but we have been gearing up to move so it's mainly been reading. Do you take the same breaks that public schools do?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

We take a break in the summer. My oldest just graduated public high school, and we followed his schedule for the last 4 years. Before that we still took breaks so I could make plans and gather resources for the next year. Plus to keep my sanity. :)
Well, I had planned to do a few math sheets every week just to keep things fresh. I did that the first 4-5 weeks and then we went out of town, etc. and things fell apart. I have insisted on lots of reading. We do take the same breaks as public schools, except we usually take a late beach vacation in October when the rates go down.
We don't take the same breaks as the public school system. We school mostly when we feel like it, including through the summer. Basically, we are always learning, but I know we will be doing more bookwork through the winter than we are now!
This will be my first year homeschooling. Most of my breaks are planned around public/private school breaks here because I watch another boy after school. We're not taking fall break and a couple others like that.

I have no plans to homeschool through summer. We did some math refreshers and right now, we're working on an Olympic unit. Nothing strict or scheduled though. Just gearing up for the upcoming school year.
I am like LaDonna, we homeschool year round. Learning does not take a break, but we can anytime we want...
We homeschool year round and take longer breaks when we have to do more traveling for tournaments. This year should be very interesting.
I am doing the year round. We had a little bump in the road when Faith broke her arm, we keep going but then when she had to have it re-broke in the OR, I was out of sorts for a while. We got a little behind, we only started grade 2 two weeks ago. I don't like doing review, so I keep going. This year is our first year useing a full curriculum, we see how it goes. I like being able to break when dad takes holidays. The only problem huddy thinks that if I school this way, she'll be done highschool at 12, not sure how to get him to see it will all level out?????
We do still homeschool through the summer but on a reduced schedule. We might only do three days a week instead of five or six.
I'm thinking of homeschooling my high school freshman who is a traveling,training athlete.
How does this work for you? How often do you travel? I hear CAVA program provides a laptop.
We usually take a break over the summer but not this year. We have got to work on Reading and Math (ay yi yi).
My kids are learning all the time. All seasons are homeschooling opportunities. Yes!

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service