...what would it be? Ever think to yourself, "Well, shoot. I shouldn't have done THAT! That was a rookie mom move!" If you had to share a "mommy don't" tip with a brand new or expecting mom, what would it be? (And remember, we're REAL here!)

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

So hard to choose just one, but I think it'd have to be NOT to try and reason with a toddler during a tantrum. They can't hear you anyhow, and even if they could, that's not the right time to teach them a lesson. Much better to let them meltdown in a safe place and then talk. (Trust me, I've tried....many times!)
Never step down from your values but don't assume you can shield them from exposure to views contrary to yours by overprotecting and sheltering. Talk, talk, talk about your views as they grow up. That way when they head out in the world they have a reference and are not bombarded with new challenges to your belief system and authority.
Don't ever tell your child "you're not old enough or ready to learn that yet!" I think the ONLY exception to this rule is sex, and even then you can tell them some about their question. But if a 2 year old wants to know how to read or asks math problems over and over again, by golly, teach them!
Don't allow your nine year old son, who is playing a video game, to watch your one year old while you go to the bathroom.

Don't expect a toddler to eat more than crackers.

Don't expect white shirts or shoes to stay clean.

Don't ever give in...EVER. Think of the old tug of war with the dog...you can never loose!

Don't forget to pack juice and snacks in the diaper bag. The minute you do that 5 minute outing turns into 5 hours.

Don't expect that overprotecting your child from the world will result in a child who can navigate a rough world.

That's all I have for now...you could always come over to my house and watch me all day...that's good lesson in don'ts! LOL.
Don't ever forget yourself!
If I had to share a don't tip...I think it would be don't listen to what everyone else is telling you to do or not to and don't feel bad saying hey let me be a mom thanks - do your own research, talk to your Dr. make decisions for what is best for YOU and your baby - who cares what your mom or MOTHER IN LAW think! :)
OHHHH good one yeah don't forget yourself
HAHA that is so true...there really is no point trying to reason with a toddler throwing a tantrum
My advice would be DONT take anyone else's advice. UNLESS you ask for it.
This is my favorite by far and so true. For every piece of advice given there is another piece that counters it.
Don't try to have an immaculate house until they move out. You'll just exhaust yourself and it'll be messed in five minutes anyway.
Don't expect to get away with "forgetting" the baby wipes. The one time you do will be the one time you REALLY need them.

Don't think that playing with your almost two year old daughter for hours won't get boring!

RSS

10/24/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service