Hey All - just wondering what you do about rude/mean/offensive comments. Do you get them? What sort? Do you answer/ignore/delete? I was a bit sheltered from this when I had my own blog, but since I started blogging for the local newspaper, I've had a few upsetting comments. I'd love to know others' experience with this - how you feel and what you do.

Thanks!

Peryl

http://blog.seattlepi.com/parentingadabsurdum/

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly, anyone who leaves a comment like that is so ridiculous..its almost like they are just *trying* to offend you. I just starting blogging, and I know it will sting in the future when someone does that..but I think you are reacting the right way :)

Heather
www.thisbigfamily.blogspot.com
heathercanlose.blogspot.com
Hey Christine - I'm off to check out the link - thanks!

Peryl http://blog.seattlepi.com/parentingadabsurdum/
Thanks Christeen - enjoying yours as well! I noticed that the way your commenter described himself (male, 40s, no kids) fits the profile of some of the obnoxious commenters on my site. Interesting. You've got to wonder what the heck they're doing reading a parenting themed blog in the first place. Clear issues.
I also blog for my local newspaper and have received negative comments. There I've just learned to approach my posts with the audience in mind (conservative, judgmental, etc.). And then I go on personal blog and write long, funny, sarcastic posts about them. It's fun to construct your response and it's really just part of blogging (or writing for that matter). My mo still gets all bent outta shape about them. I guess when I become a celebrity she won't be able to handle it at all!
I haven't had any nasty comments yet...But if I meet negative people on Facebook or Myspace I usually delete and block :) I don't like having negative people in my life - they are vampires and such the happiness and positivity right outta ya!

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service