If people are going to start posting "Paid entries" for a "give away" then I will have to quit this board, and the site all together! I love catching up on the "good" give aways, but this paid thing has GOT to go!

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

Are you talking about entry options for giveaways? There is usually only 1 manditory option and due to the sheer amount of work that I put into my posts through research, reviewing and typing up an item I see nothing wrong with that. Optional entries are just that - optional. If you don't like it, don't do them.

If you have a problem with giveaways maybe you shouldn't be looking for them or joining groups that do reviews and/or giveaways, and also maybe you can start up a group that just gives things away. The thing is - I can't just give things to you. I only work 30 hours a week and I'd have to ask you to cover the shipping - and you'd probably complain about that.

Sorry to be blunt - but I work hard at what I do and I'm tired of people that just complain - if you have a solution to post with a complaints that's totally different.
Point taken..but then, if you don't like people who disagree with something on the board, maybe you shouldn't be monitoring it? Yes, there is a problem with people selling entries for give aways for $2. I'm sorry if I voiced my opinion on that and that you took it personally. I too, have a right to my opinion without being sarcastically replied to. Thank you very much.
By the way, I criticized the practice, not the person.
I'm confused. How is it a GIVE away, if you're charging money?


Monique Burkes said:
I'm confused. How is it a GIVE away, if you're charging money?

You can't. If you sell entries, it's a raffle, not a give away


Veronica C. Bright said:


Monique Burkes said:
I'm confused. How is it a GIVE away, if you're charging money?

You can't. If you sell entries, it's a raffle, not a give away

And bloggers are doing this? OMG!


Monique Burkes said:


Veronica C. Bright said:


Monique Burkes said:
I'm confused. How is it a GIVE away, if you're charging money?

You can't. If you sell entries, it's a raffle, not a give away

And bloggers are doing this? OMG!

Monique, only one that I know of. Most of the bloggers who list here have great, legitimate give aways and I have entered a lot of them in the past. Most are good, honest bloggers who do give aways the way they are supposed to.
I agree. That's not cool. At all.
That is so wrong! Giveaways are give a ways!! I would never pay to be in a giveaway, that's just like the lotto, sorry but you need to change it to raffle/lotto!
Whoa! I'm totally confused, raffles are being posted here now?
Veronica - it looks like you typed your response in the middle of Tina's so it's hard to find.

I do agree that she completely misunderstood the point of your post, and that her giveaways aren't what you're describing.


Monique Burkes said:
Veronica - it looks like you typed your response in the middle of Tina's so it's hard to find.

I do agree that she completely misunderstood the point of your post, and that her giveaways aren't what you're describing.

Thanks, Monique. I'll redo it if I can. Yes, she did think I was talking about her, apparently, but I wasn't! In fact, I follow her posts.

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service