The past few years have caused the words real estate (when used together) to become a bit of a dirty word. Some people vow to never invest or buy again because of negative experiences and when you tell people you are a real estate investor these days some folks look at you like you have some sort of contagious disease. However many investors have used the state of the real estate market over the past few years as a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase property at prices and in quantities that have just never been possible before.

How have you been effected by the changes in the real estate market over the past four years? For any real estate agents out there, how has your business been impacted and have things improved? Also please include your city in your response.

Tags: estate, investing, real

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

I am hoping to get into the investment side in my area Virginia Beach, VA.  I am a busy mother of 3 and a Realtor and love the business.  It is definitely hard work, but can be very rewarding helping people find their perfect fit.  My husband and I started flipping our residences every 2-3 years, buying the ugliest home in the best neighborhood.  But after 3 children, we are ready to stay put for a while.  I am antsy to do a flip and we are talking about doing one as an investment.  Finding investment properties in Hampton Roads is a little challenging.  Our market hasn't been hit as bad as other areas in the nation due to our transient military population.  We have several large military bases and continue to see families moving into and out of the area.  Virginia Beach is also rated one of the best places to live, raise a family, and retire.  http://www.jenniferziemer.com/virginia-beach.php

But, flipping can absolutely be done still with cash and creativity (I am missing one of these key ingredients). I just posted a blog about our current market and what we have seen over the past three years.  Check it out!  Thanks so much for the great topic!!

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service