I am just wondering what everyone thinks about homeschooling?  My son will be going into kindergarten next year and I am not sure if I will homeschool or put him in public school.

What are the pros and cons for you???

Is anyone homeschooling or going to homeschool?

Tags: homeschooling

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

We tried an online public school this year with our kindergartner, it was called Connections Academy. We ended up dropping out when I got really sick at the end of my pregnancy and was hospitalized but I think it was an awesome program.

I would love to homeschool my children, but I am just too busy. I would have to completely change my life to homeschool them all.

I homeschool and love it!  It takes time and commitment but I enjoy just about every minute.  Some minutes are very exhausting...lol...and even frustrating but that's life anyway, right?

Pros:

You control what your child learns and your child's influences which I believe is necessary in the early years.

Your child can move at his own pace be that fast or slow.

Your child can explore and learn on different levels and in different settings.

You can take your child to places for field trips any time to get hands on experience.

Cons:

You have to be able to afford it.

You will have to find social outlets...this is only a con if you live in a place that would make that challenging.

That's the short answer.  lol

I came across this great article about the advantages of homeschooling http://www.allaboutparenting.org/advantages-of-home-schooling-faq.htm even though I think is a good option, is definitely not for everyone!

Hi Robyn,

We are in the same boat. In our situation, our school ratings are not high and therefore I have considered homeschooling. I have read as many books as I possibly can and started "teaching" in my home with the my preschooler and toddler.

Through the state of Maryland, technically - they don't have to turn anything in until age 7. Is Kindergarten is required in your state? Perhaps you could hold on to him and see if a little bit more time changes your mind.

The only con that I have come up with is interaction with others. It seems that my 4 year old is wanting a "boy" who is a friend. (He has as sister but to him, "she's a baby!") We have placed him in Sunday School and Gymnastics class (he's truly a monkey) but I wonder if that's good enough.

What are your pros and cons that you are facing?

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service