You learn how to pick and choose what's worth fighting for.
You learn how to pass on stuff not worth getting worked up over.
You don't always have to be concerned about how you are dressed or having to wear make up all the time.
You have a certain wisdom and confidence that is to be reckoned with.
You find that women become more supportive of one another.
and
You've got most of the tough stuff out of the way and you can now enjoy life.

Are you fearing turning 40?
PPPFFFFTTT.
Fear is all in your mind.
You should be looking forward to it.

Tags: 40, Being, means, over

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe I felt like a real grownup before turning 40! Actually, I don't know if I still feel like a real grownup, but other people seem to think people my age are.
I was just saying the same thing to someone today... I think it was when I was standing in line at the New American Girl Place at the Mall of America... Oh wait it was when I was talking to my sister about what middle age means today with people living to being 100 or more... we agreed middle age is more like 55 of so... anyway I told her I certainly don't feel old or really settled yet...
great points! I just don't get too shook about much anymore...at least not those that deal with how I am raising my youngest... I also am able to help her blow things off and to not worry about the small things... I think she will be stronger early in life than my other two...
My true test of being a grown-up was having to start taking responsibility for my parents.
It was a total slap in the face.
Being over 40 means you don't have to explain yourself to anyone under 39!
It's just great being iny our forties and knowing who you are and that you are not searching for yourself...it's truly liberating! Love all the comments :-)
Exactly Voronda!
... being totally comfortable with who I am :)
Figured out how to keep all the balls in the air when you get hit with a curve ball
This is so true! Through the last 9 years of my life I have learned a lot and proved myself in so many new ways. My daughter's 20 now. I'm very close to 50. I don't mind it. I raised a beautiful, smart, and level headed young lady. And if must say so myself I'm proud of myself. Age is just a number. Now I'm doing alittle more for me,
I Love being in my 45's and a mom I feel I am more settled. I know who I am and what I want to be. Although I do not feel like a Grown Up I am and a Mom I Love it.
Being over 40 means you're hitting menopause just as your daughter is hitting puberty!

RSS

10/25/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service