How do YOU feel about being a mom over 40? My son is 3; I was 40 when I had him (barely) - in other words, I am not merely 43, I am about to turn 44!

I will be the first to admit that I am a bit jealous of my friends who had children in their 20s and are now enjoying more freedom. On the other hand, I wouldn't trade my life in my 20s and 30s for raising kids. Curious to know how others feel about the fact that you will be sending your child into adulthood as you reach retirement age.

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

I must say I love the fact that I had my career and was focusing on that in my 20 an d30s and now I feel I don't need that now I can focus on my kids...although I do wish I had more energy LOL! So now I have to make sure I boost my self with lots of energy supplements so I can keep up with them as my 3 1/2 year olds do tire me out...and I was a mom at 43...I must say I do fear my mortality though as I get older and older and just pray that I see them grow up to be three strong men.
Did you say 3 1/2 year olds as in more than one child?! Wow - more power to you. Energy is an issue with my one child as is a body that is getting a little creaky - I used to be a marathon runner and knees are shot. It does make you work harder to stay healthier. We owe it to them, right?
Thank you for mentioning your mortality - yes, I do think about it, but something says I will make it. Although it is a bummer than I will be quite old if/when I have grandchildren. All that said, I agree with you on having established myself first - I think my sense of what I can/should give my son is much better at this age.

And for the record, do you have twins? twin boys?!
We sure do Paula...and I am trying to stay healthy as I do love my boys and want to be around for them :)
For the record, I have triplet boys....LOL! And they are the best thing I could have ever done in my life. It's great being a Mom.
Hi Paula, I had mine at nearly 42 and 45. There's a whole bunch of similar stories at www.flowerpowermom.com. Would you like to share your story? If so, let me know at: angel@flowerpowermom.com.
Hello, everyone I am Glenda and I did have my daughter when I was 25 but she was killed at 16 and I would not change that part of my life. Now I am 45 and the mom of the worlds greatest little boy ever. He is 2 1/2. Although I am more tired I would not change it for anything and my friends shy away as there kids are all grown its ok as it has made my family closer as we do more together.

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service