So, I was at the Farmer's Market today and some lady accosted me for not having a hat on my baby. She literally yanked my arm and said, "You need to put a hat on that baby!" Little did she know that I was frantically searching for my husband who had run off with our stroller (and the hat). I get so irritated by people like that. So ladies, tell me your favorite story of a stranger trying to tell you how to raise your baby. It's time to vent! 

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha! It's so frustrating when people interject their thoughts on what you are doing with your kids. Here's my story...

I wear my baby every time we aren't at home. I love having her close to me, I don't like trying to maneuver the stroller places, and I like having my arms free. So I was shopping for clothes with my oldest daughter and wearing the baby. This old lady was kinda hovering around for several minutes then as she was walking past me she mumbled "you shouldn't wear your baby like that." I begged her pardon and she proceeded to tell me her life story about how her daughter in law hurt her back because she wore her baby. Uh, okay, whatever. I wanted to say "Hey lady, my back was broken in 6 places a couple years ago and I'm very cautious about what weight I put on my back and as a matter of fact this doesn't hurt my back at all. And I have a titanium rod in my back so I'm in no trouble of damaging it!" Instead of all that, when I opened my mouth all that came out was "That's awful." LOL!
Yes, I hate that too! Hats, socks, baby carriers... Whatever you do or don't do, people will always have something to say about it! It seems small babies bring out the worst in some "concerned citizens"!
Hahaha, that made me laugh! Someone once told me that babywearing would make my son sterile (we used mei tais and ergos). By a person who claimed to be a doctor.

Lisa Duncan said:
Ha ha! It's so frustrating when people interject their thoughts on what you are doing with your kids. Here's my story...

I wear my baby every time we aren't at home. I love having her close to me, I don't like trying to maneuver the stroller places, and I like having my arms free. So I was shopping for clothes with my oldest daughter and wearing the baby. This old lady was kinda hovering around for several minutes then as she was walking past me she mumbled "you shouldn't wear your baby like that." I begged her pardon and she proceeded to tell me her life story about how her daughter in law hurt her back because she wore her baby. Uh, okay, whatever. I wanted to say "Hey lady, my back was broken in 6 places a couple years ago and I'm very cautious about what weight I put on my back and as a matter of fact this doesn't hurt my back at all. And I have a titanium rod in my back so I'm in no trouble of damaging it!" Instead of all that, when I opened my mouth all that came out was "That's awful." LOL!
That is a funny story!

I wore Annie in a sling when she was a newborn. This was right after the Infantino sling recall, which did not affect my sling. I had SO many people make comments to me about it. I know everyone was just concerned for my baby's safety, but it really got annoying after a while.

I love the response you crafted in your head, but couldn't put into words. I do that all the time.

Lisa Duncan said:

RSS

10/24/14 BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service