I remember how overwhelmed I was when I was pregnant and looking around at ALL. THAT. GEAR.

{so many choices!} 

What baby gear ended up on your "must-have" list?

I could probably write a fairly long list, but the top three that immediately pop into mind for me are:

1. nursing cover
2. swaddleme blankets
3. video monitor (a bit of a luxury item... but took so much guess work out of nap times and so worth it!)

And yours??

Tags: babies, baby blogs, baby gear, first time mom, motherhood, pregnancy

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

1. Security Blankie - give it to them when they nurse and they'll start associating the blankie with the sense of security, comfort and happiness they experience while nursing. It'll soon turn into the soothie that will keep your baby calm or calm him down when needed. Go with the one with a face, but WITHOUT the rattle as you don't want it to wake your baby up when he has it with him asleep. With both boys I have found this to be a tremendous help. It helped soothe my baby when I weaned him off the paci around 3-4 months. Great help!! It also was priceless in the process of helping both kids learn to fall asleep by themselves.

2. Video Monitor - absolutely must have. It allows you to check on the baby without walking in, realizing he just grunted and having him wake up for no good reason.

3. Miracle blanket for swaddling.
oooh. I LOVE baby gear. My must-haves (not including the basics):

1. An infant movement monitor. (see my blog for a full review of the Babysense V)
2. Ergo Carrier
3. White noise machine. (I recommend the Homedics Sound Spa version. I have them in every bedroom now)

I would love to hear everyone else's must have's too!
1. Breasts
2. Cloth diapers
3. Ergo or other great carrier
1. Gotta have a baby carrier/sling. Can't do much without it. =)
2. Diapers/Wipes Caddy - easy to carry around and keep close at hand wherever I'm at in the house!
3. Receiving Blankets. I use them for everything! From coverlets to body wraps to cleanups to cushions/props. I can't ever have too many receiving blankets.
"breasts"... aren't yours attached? ;) mine are built-in. ;)

Olivia Van Buren said:
1. Breasts
2. Cloth diapers
Well, yes, they are attached! :) They are still must-haves though!

Adriel from the Mommyhood Memos said:
"breasts"... aren't yours attached? ;) mine are built-in. ;)

Olivia Van Buren said:
1. Breasts
2. Cloth diapers
So many great ideas!

1-definitely a carrier (like many of you have said) I have several...collect them like shoes:-) Moby, Beco, Bjorn
2-pacie...always work for my little ones even though they were breastfed...never had any problems!
3-SWING...enough said
1. Baby basket, like a Moses Basket
2. Footstool for nursing
3. Camera * :)*
camera? YES!!! so true! love it!! :D

Rosilind Jukic said:
1. Baby basket, like a Moses Basket
2. Footstool for nursing
3. Camera * :)*
Which carrier did you like best Elissa? I keep hearing about the Ergo carrier but don't have one... I have a Moby, which I loved when Levi was smaller... but would like something that can switch easily to a back carrier...

Elissa Morris said:
So many great ideas!

1-definitely a carrier (like many of you have said) I have several...collect them like shoes:-) Moby, Beco, Bjorn
2-pacie...always work for my little ones even though they were breastfed...never had any problems!
3-SWING...enough said

My 3 must haves are - 

1 - Baby Byorn

2 - Boppy nursing pillow

3 - wedge for co-sleeping, keeps them propped on their back for those first couple months

Cheers,

Summer

www.supermomblog.com 

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service