Hello,
So i've been doing some research on whether or not reusable cloth diapers or disposable cloth diapers are better. My Husband and I have already decided that regular diapers are no beuno, so those aren't even an option. We plan on having tons of kids, so I realize that the upfront cost of them will be a lot. I personally would prefer to use reusable cloth diapers, because of the convenience of just washing them, but even with that, i've heard people say because you're cleaning human waste, you really should use bleach to fully disinfect it. And honestly, if I were to use bleach on my kids clothes, then I might as well go with regular diapers! So, is there an organic, all-natural laundry alternative??? Also, Who are your favorite clothe diaper companies, and i'm having some trouble really comparing the all-in-ones as opposed to the ones with the inserts?? What are the pros and cons of both??

Thank you so much!

Tags: cloth, detergent, diapers, laundry, organic

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

We love, love using cloth diapers! I never looked into disposable cloth - the cost was just too great.

As far as cleaning - I use bleach occasionally, but once you get into a good wash routine, it's not necessary on a regular basis - the diapers come out super clean!

I love BumGenius pockets and AIOs. As for pros and cons, AIO are certainly easier, there is no stuffing and de-stuffing for the wash, but they do take longer to dry than pockets. Pocket dipes are cheaper and dry faster.

I also really love fitted diapers and covers. My favorite combo for those are thirsties fab fitteds and bummis super brite covers. You'll find that you'll build up quite a stash of different diapers as you try what works for you and your family. Not all cloth diapers are created equally, some work better for particular babies.

Give yourself a learning curve when you first start out - it takes a couple months to really feel comfortable with cloth. Please PM or email me if you want additional information - I'd be thrilled to chat with you more about this!

Molly
mollyr02@hotmail.com
http://www.momma-molly.com
I"m working on a story about this for my blog right now, in the meantime... if you email me your email address, I'll pass your question on to my sister. She's the cloth diaper expert in our family and she was very concerned about what chemicals were being used by all the diaper services to clean the diapers.... so you are probably at a similar criteria to hers....
I wish I could say that I ventured into cloth with my two babies, but I was scared from changing my siblings cloth diapers when I was 11 & 12 years old... I just couldn't get past it.
Tania

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service