How do you organize your time so you can get your work done and take care of your children? How many hours a day do you work? Do you work with kids underfoot?

When I started my business, my children were in pre-school, Montessori to be exact. I had so many hours during the day to work uninterrupted, but as a writer, there were many times when I would need to finish a thought/chapter and they were asking questions or wanting my attention. I worked many nights too, after they went to sleep. Fortunately, I love what I do. I'm deliberate during the time my kids are at school, always leaving a little wiggle room. Tell me about you!

Tags: children, hours, management, of, time, type, work

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I get up at 6 a.m and take care of a few work details from 6 to 7 (email and blog posts). Then I try to squeeze a little work somewhere in the morning, but I have a 3 year old at home. I usually work solid during her naptime from 1 to 3. Then I dabble a little here and a little there in the afternoon. During the weekdays, I work from 8 to 10 or so. That is my schedule in a nutshell. I also do as much as I can during the weekend as well.
I just wrote a blog post about how I use a "Time Map" to organize my time.

http://motivatedmama.net/?p=30

I think it is important to figure out what is worth your time and schedule it into your day...flexibility is crucial though!

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service