How do you organize your time so you can get your work done and take care of your children? How many hours a day do you work? Do you work with kids underfoot?

When I started my business, my children were in pre-school, Montessori to be exact. I had so many hours during the day to work uninterrupted, but as a writer, there were many times when I would need to finish a thought/chapter and they were asking questions or wanting my attention. I worked many nights too, after they went to sleep. Fortunately, I love what I do. I'm deliberate during the time my kids are at school, always leaving a little wiggle room. Tell me about you!

Tags: children, hours, management, of, time, type, work

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I get up at 6 a.m and take care of a few work details from 6 to 7 (email and blog posts). Then I try to squeeze a little work somewhere in the morning, but I have a 3 year old at home. I usually work solid during her naptime from 1 to 3. Then I dabble a little here and a little there in the afternoon. During the weekdays, I work from 8 to 10 or so. That is my schedule in a nutshell. I also do as much as I can during the weekend as well.
I just wrote a blog post about how I use a "Time Map" to organize my time.

http://motivatedmama.net/?p=30

I think it is important to figure out what is worth your time and schedule it into your day...flexibility is crucial though!

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service