DISCUSSION

  1. Incredible things come along with toddlerhood -- adorable warbly sentences, a vivacious baby personality, and more. Some not-so-joyous things start rearing their head as well: baby attitudes and talking-back, temper tantrums, and more. How are your baby’s toddler years going?
  2. Remember, we’re giving away great prizes this week! To enter, join the discussion and tell us which of the following activities you engaged in: 1) “Liked” the Philips AVENT Facebook page 2) Tweeted about the importance of a “mom tribe” using the #PhilipsAVENTMomTribe hashtag.
  3. Is it time for your baby to wean off the bottle and start drinking independently? What are some things you’re doing to ease this transition? Philips AVENT’s interchangeable feeding system can help make this process easy – from bottles, pumps, and milk storage, to toddler cups!
  4. Have you started the potty training process? What are your tried and true methods?
  5. Introducing a new sibling to the family can be both beautiful and difficult. How is your older sibling faring with their new brother or sister? How do you get them to play harmoniously?

 

GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK: (4) spout cups and (1) baby monitor

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

I tweeted just now and I have liked on FB. 

 

https://twitter.com/#!/hamsterkitten/status/141188699663761412

I liked on FB.

 

We're getting ready to add another sibling and we just talk about what's going to happen and set them up with realistic expectations!

I have found with both of my children that it was the Terrible THREES and not the terrible twos. 

 

My daughter was potty trained at 2 and was super easy- we borrowed a Big Mouth Billy Bass and everytime she went potty she got to "push the button on the fish."  My son was early 3 when he potty trained.  He was a bit tougher.  What finally got him really interested was when his big sister had a "panty party" with him and they got out all their undies and oohed and ahhhed over them.

 

In regards to introducing to a new baby: my daughter was excited until my son actually was born.  She was 2 years 1 month when he was born.  She didn't like that he got all the attention, but now she just complains that he's a boy and she wants a sister.  I'm currently expecting and they are both excited, but I'm worried that if it isn't a girl, my daughter is gonna have a conniption.

i liked on fb

My children are 3 and 5 they are doing pretty well and being normal toddlers and kindergarteners

i have my third child on the way but my first two were fairly easy to wean off the bottle but i still cant get them to stop sucking their thumbs. They never liked the pacifier but they love their thumbs.

both my kids are potty trained one day my son used the bathroom outside and the next day he used it inside and has ever since but he had accidents but only a few. My daughter was harder but eventually she id it on her own. SO i say give them time and they will do it on their own.

when my daughter was born my son just loved her but he was jeaslous. he helped me but wanted us to hisself he shares with her and fights with her now. im pregnant with my third child and i dont know how they r gonna react but they are excited about having a new sibling so we'll find out in march how they do.

Both of my kids started those terribly fun twos around 18 months. We had the tantrums and a house full of attitude. I did enjoy it when my kids were learning to talk, and I found their little attitudes to be very cute. We ignored the tantrums and they soon learned that they were not going to get anything or any attention when they threw fits. There were really good days then there were also those days where we all wanted to lay on the floor kicking and screaming, but we got through it!

Tweeted:  http://twitter.com/#!/kasexton/status/141207602704031744

This was true for my son. I REALLY hope the threes aren't more challenging than the twos with my daughter! She was a real handful over the last year... to put it mildly. :)

hamsterkitten said:

I have found with both of my children that it was the Terrible THREES and not the terrible twos. 

 

My daughter was potty trained at 2 and was super easy- we borrowed a Big Mouth Billy Bass and everytime she went potty she got to "push the button on the fish."  My son was early 3 when he potty trained.  He was a bit tougher.  What finally got him really interested was when his big sister had a "panty party" with him and they got out all their undies and oohed and ahhhed over them.

 

In regards to introducing to a new baby: my daughter was excited until my son actually was born.  She was 2 years 1 month when he was born.  She didn't like that he got all the attention, but now she just complains that he's a boy and she wants a sister.  I'm currently expecting and they are both excited, but I'm worried that if it isn't a girl, my daughter is gonna have a conniption.

Oh my goodness, I had the same problem with my daughter.  She sucked her thumb until she was five.  After that, I swore with my other kids that I would offer a pacifier.  I couldn't cut off her thumb, but I could surely take away a pacifier ;)

stacie williams said:

i have my third child on the way but my first two were fairly easy to wean off the bottle but i still cant get them to stop sucking their thumbs. They never liked the pacifier but they love their thumbs.

I always heard that girls were easier than boys.  My first and third babies were potty trained in a day, the middle child however, has been a bit more difficult, especially during the night.

stacie williams said:

both my kids are potty trained one day my son used the bathroom outside and the next day he used it inside and has ever since but he had accidents but only a few. My daughter was harder but eventually she id it on her own. SO i say give them time and they will do it on their own.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service