Hi there,
I am new to the site and starting to spend more time building my blog.

I am looking for suggestions for design, content thoughts and anything else that you think of. Looking forward to checking out everyone's blog in this group!

Also...I'm thinking of renaming the blog, how complicated is that?  Any votes for one vs the other:
A)Random Recycling
B) Clean.Simple.Green

Thanks!
Emily

Tags: blogs, green, mommy

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I love the green colour in your blog - very apt and I like the idea of name B). Think that would work well. I also think getting some more visuals in your side areas could look great and widening your posting column as well.

Happy Blogging!

Julie Parker
Beautiful You
Hi Emily,

Thanks for your input on my blog. I finally had a chance to check yours out....I like the 2 column layout...I think it keeps things clean. Like my blog, I think your could benefit from widening that middle column a little. I've tried several times to fix this on my blog and haven't been able to. I like the colors too. I personally think that your great content isn't different looking enough to separate it from the google and amazon ads. Maybe making the font of your content a touch bigger or a different color would help?? Or maybe just changing the column width with help too. Not sure.

I actually like both of the names you have picked out...so that's a tough call for me. I like the "catchyness" of Random Recycling. And it's easy to remember. And Clean.Simple.Green really tells you something about what the blog is about. Guess I'm not helping you out here at all hey? Sorry. I have trouble committing to titles. :)

Also, I'm now following your blog!

Chris
http://letsconnectwithnature.blogspot.com/
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
I think I may ditch the google Ad sense/amazon links as I think they are proving to be distracting.

The name thing is so challenging...my Mom likened it to naming a baby!
Best,
Emily
I like it :) I think a nice header would be nice and maybe widen your writing column and narrow the sidebar, but those are so minor.

I like the color and *love* the name!
Very informative. I love the green leaf light bulb thingy.
I LIKE it!!! Based on your content I'd pick B. A made me think it'd be about freecycling or something along those lines. I found the colors soothing yet energetic...kept me wanting to read. I really love the etips. I liked the store with Seventh Generation but I think that should be made larger. If someone's wanting to learn/start buying they could recognize & become familiar with products visually & to then hopefully choose it over Tide or something else not so earth friendly. I liked the 3 columns, I LOVE your bulb image. Perhaps you could make that your twitter button & add the little blue bird, I say utilize that 'cause thats awesome. Kudos on the making/design of it.

Oh, and keep the colors...don't change them one bit. But, change the name. Clean.Simple.Green is it. Random Recycling on this blog seems like you picked Linus as the Tidy whitey inspector...just doesn't fit. Oh, and I'm following you now too.

Honey

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

MARKETPLACE

best makeup

best makeup

Catch the Buzz

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service