I would love to receive some constructive criticism regarding my blog Milk & Honey Mommy. I have been blogging there for about one month. A few things to note: I'm still working on my about page (trying to figure out who I am) and also know one of my navigation bars is too light to read the options. Besides that, feel free to pick the blog apart.

If you do have any suggestions, then please leave them here rather than on my blog. I appreciate the help.

Tags: &, Honey, Milk, Mommy

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, are all the links and cattegories to places on your site? If so, your blog is very cool! I really like the look and feel of it. The color scheme, the boxes on the sides, the photos and nav. bar... this is the direction I'd like to take my blog. How did you get it to look like this? Is it something you have to have your own domain to do? I'm sorry, but I have no advice- I think it looks great!
Morgan,

Thank you for taking the time to review my blog. All of the links go to places on my site. I really enjoy writing, so I decided to write about what I like. Hopefully, others will visit and enjoy too.

I do have my own domain name and use self-hosted Wordpress which I've been extremely pleased with. I use to use Blogger and decided to move to Wordpress because I like the additional features.

I KNOW YOU DIDN’T ASK BUT: If you are thinking about eventually moving your blog, then I would suggest purchasing your domain name now. I use GoDaddy. AdventuresinDiapering.com is available now and you can sit on the name until you move your blog.
was it very hard moving everything over?
Morgan,

I had a hard time, but it isn't difficult. I believe that I was too impatient and didn't want to take the time to learn how to do it right. My only suggestion is that you have a copy of all of your posts and graphics/images before your move. If you're considering it, then I believe it is worth it to go to Wordpress.org (self-hosted) and not Wordpress.com. It is like opening up a door to a whole new world.
I love the layout. The followers section is a little low and covering your site meter. I'm a follower now! I'd love to swap buttons/links if you'd like!
You have a lot of great info on your blog. Whenever I go to a new blog, the first thing I look for is an "about me" section. I always like to read about the person whose blog I am checking out so I know a little about you, where you're from, your reason for blogging, etc. It gives me a little perspective while I'm reading.
I just may do that. We'll see how things go over the next couple months and maybe I"ll consider making a move.

I have a question on your blog- I can see the recent posts section on a widget on the right, but is there anywhere else to easily find just your blog posts in order?
Morgan,

Do you mean under each section or just text after text like on your blog? With the template I'm using, it is set up in a magzine style where I can choose placement. Let me know what your thoughts are and help me better understand your question.
Hi Jennifer-

Is there somewhere where the posts are listed in order from when they were written, or where you can search by month? Not necessarily text after text, but maybe a list?
Ladies,

Thank you for taking the time to rate my blog. As of today, I am making some major edits that will take me the month of June, so please DON'T rate my blog, but feel free to visit and "be careful" of the construction zone.
Kim,

I am redesigning now, but would like to swap buttons/links w/you. It will be later this month when I'm able to do so.

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service