I've never been a fad dieter. For me all the different crash diets that come along are quick fixes. In most cases people end not only gaining the weight back but gain more when they stop. I've always been big on eating what you want just in smaller amounts. Obviously the more I run the better I eat. I like to think of food in terms of fuel for your body. So its important to put in good fuel for your body to function and perform to the best ability. I came across this short article this morning in Parenting OC Magazine and it pretty much sums up the way I think. Thought I'd share...

"Forget dieting fads and crash diets. What matters most is eating fewer calories and sticking with it for life, according to a new study published by the New England Journal of Medicine. It observed 811 middle-aged obese people on four different diets: a low fat-fat, average-protein diet; a low-fat, high-protein diet; a high-fat, average-protein diet; and a high-fat, high-protein diet. Each group lost an average of 13 pounds the first year, but gained weight back and averaged 9 pounds total lost after two years. The specific amounts of fat, carbohydrates and proteins consumed aren't as important as simply eating less. Researchers conclude that any long-term diet low in calories and saturated fats and high in whole grains, fruits and vegetables is a reasonable choice for weight loss."

Good old fashion balanced meals in reasonable amounts is the best!

Tags: calories, diets, fitness, loss, weight

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't agree more!
You know, so many people look for that easy fix, and they dont think to themselves that the weight didn't come on in one day , and its not gonna come off in one day either! People, including myself, are quick to give up! But we all really know that like you said quick fixes dont work! The only thing that does is eating fewer calories and exercising. We have to make better food choices and watch our portion sizes!
very well said! :)

RSS

11/24/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service