So I had reconstructive foot surgery and I am unable to run and do most cardio because I only have one leg and foot left, lol! What types of exercises can anybody recommend that I can do to keep inshape during my recovery?

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my husband is a surgery king. Had lots of them! I have tons I can send you over. Its late and I'm tired so I'll get back to you. But do you have access to a pool? swimming is awesome for rehad stuff! Thanks for joining the group! And hope you get lots of great workout tips and motivation from the other ladies. look forward to chatting!
Thanks! I do have access to a pool, but unfortunately i have an external fixation device on my foot that cant get wet yet!
go to sparkpeople.com and look at their exercise videos. A lot of them are done in a chair. They assume you're taking a break at a desk at work and doing a 10 min workout. It's free.
Yuck, doesn't sound like fun! I hope you recover soon. I personally love kegal exercises! :) I like to do them while at the computer, traveling in the car, anytime that I'm stuck sitting somewhere for a long period of time. After doing reps of those, I like to add squeezing the legs, buns and tummy while doing them so that I'm strengthening more than just THAT area (which many OBs recommend doing to help prepare for child birth and also for restructuring AFTER having a child and also to help with urinary incontinence). Here's a website to check out:

http://www.kegelexercisesforwomen.com/
Thanks, I'll check it out!
I had hurt my knee during a running accident, so I did workout videos, especially those that were lay down such as: abs, yoga, pilates, etc. HTH
Thanks for the info! I cant wait to run again and do other cardio! I miss it so much!
also..can you bike? great for knee injuries. but not sure about the device attached?
Im excited to say I am going in for surgery on Friday to get the device, pins, k wires etc removed! I cant wait! In a few more weeks ill hopefully be off my crutches and back into running again! Say a prayer and wish me luck!!

RSS

12/29/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service