How did you cope with being overdue? I'm 41 weeks pregnant and fed-up!

I am a week past my due date and ready to break something! If I hear my husband say "You wanted to be pregnant..." one more time I'm going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a manicure just so I can more effectively claw his eyes out. Help me!

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

well, I haven't gone as far as you, but i did make it to just 41 weeks with my first born, so I know how you feel. I pretty much went around telling anyone who would listen that i would give them the baby if they would JUST GET IT OUT OF ME! And then, when I had to go in for tests at the hopsital I made the decision that I absolutely wasn't leaving without a baby. And in fact ended up getting induced that day, so maybe that mindset helped. As for your husband, just remind him that while you did perhaps want to be pregnant it was because you wanted a loving child, not because you particularly enjoy being swollen like a manatee. Besides, you only signed on for 40 weeks, right? And of course, keep your nails nicely filed - I'm pretty sure that hormonally driven homicide is a misdemeanor.
The truth? I walked around the mall for HOURS for three days straight (it was August in Florida and hot hot hot). Telling people that I was due last Tuesday and watching their horrified faces made up for some of it.

I also got a pedicure. When the nail tech found out I was overdue, it was the fastest pedicure I've ever had (but quite nice).
A martini?
Thanks for the advice, ladies! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been in the hospital, giving birth! Ah! finally! freedom!
I ate a hot fudge sundae with pecans, every day til I delivered. I was 10 days overdue, and I probably gained 10 extra lbs. doing it. Good luck!!

RSS

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service