Hi,

My name is Ana and I joined this group quite a few months ago, but never introduced myself. *insert shame face*. I have two wonderful, amazing boys (8yo & 2yo). They are a handful but I wouldn't trade them in for the world. Any other moms of boys in the group?

Anyway, we will be moving to Plano TX in August. Woot! Any Plano folks in the group? I am so incredibly excited to be leaving South Florida and to embark on a new life in Texas. I'm already a proud Texan and I haven't even moved yet. Lol

Anyway, I am really interested in know what are the best Public elementary schools in Plano so that we can try our best to find housing in that area.

Any and all suggestions, advice and thoughts would be so appreciated!

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome! I've actually never introduced my either (whoops). I live very very near where you'll be moving too. You should definitely check out dfwareamoms.com because it has been my greatest resource for raising a kid, raising a kid in this area, and where I have met my best mommy friends. It can be overwhelming at first (maybe) but TOTALLY worth it. Check out http://www.greatschools.org/ to compare local schools. Hit me up with any more questions because I've lived here my whole life and LOVE it.
...and I was happy (and maybe a little surprised) to meet at least 7 other multiracial (black woman, white man) families ;) I am one of those.
I am Teresa. I actually am in the Wylie ISD so I am not familiar with Plano (except taxes are high LOL)
Ive been married almost 5 yrs (come Oct) and have a 15 yr old step son and 4 yr old son.

BTW....Wylie is about 10 min from Plano.
Hi I live in the DFW area! Just joined!
Thank you ladies for responding! I apologize that it's taken me awhile to reply - time slipped away from me. Valerie I appreciate the recommendation to dfwareamoms.com and will definitely check it out :) I just sent a friend add as I do have a few questions for you. Thanks again ladies!
I'm a Texas Blogger! I blog at mydfwmommy.com and live in Frisco/McKinney! :o)

Live in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area??? Win a $30 Gift Certificate to The Flower Shop! ENDS 2/13 at 11:59 PM Head on over to The Misplaced Midwesterner for your chance to win!

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service