Just wanted to say hello and connect to other Houston mom bloggers. Maybe we could list the area of Houston in which you live, how many/ages of kiddos, list your blog, what you blog about (if it isn't evident), and perhaps even share what blogging platform you use. Could be a great resource for help or questions!

I'm Nichelle
I live in the Humble/Kingwood area and have one son (so far), he's 2
My blog is http://danceadvantage.net and I blog about dance education
I use self-hosted Wordpress

Tags: houston, kids, local, platform

Views: 220

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nichelle,

Nice to meet you. I'm Sarah. I live in Houston, have a family of four; 1 husband 2 kids (a boy and girl), no pets. We have a family website that we got through blogspot, but we paid for it the domain name so now it's a website. But I still refer to it as a blog a lot, since that's how we started it off and all. Our blog is a Christian faith site just based on our family events, our life, what we've learned in God or whatever struggles we might have at the time. Basically we just blog about whatever, sometimes just random things...anywho, we are at www.Godsnotfinishedwithusyet.com. I also love photography and am currently working on creating a website for that as well; just got my DBA for my business name. I'm not going to open it under a blogging host site, but through a website host or pay someone to design it for me. I don't like the blogs that people turn into a business site because personally to me I just don't think they look professional enough. That's just my own personal opinion though.

Well I'm anxious and looking forward to checking out your blog now, so off I go.....again nice to meet you!! :D

~Sarah
WOW! Nichelle, you did an AWESOME job on putting your Wordpress site together. It looks great!!! I love how you have it all laid out and easy to find the tabs, subtabs, and contact information. It looks so great and informative. A BUNCH of great information for the dancers, parents, and students. I love what you did. It looks amazing!!!
Thanks Sarah :) I can't take credit for the site design - it's a great template from studiopress. All I did was mess with cosmetic things.

I popped by your blog - very classy look! Your little ones are so sweet. Best of luck with your photography and the accompanying website!

Nichelle
Hello Nichelle,

I'm Alison and I live in the Spring/Klein area with two kids. I have a 13 year old son and a 14 month old daughter.
My blog is http://beanandbirdie.blogspot.com and I blog about whatever is on my mind. I am starting over as a stay-at-home-mommy after 14 years in the Marine Corps. Everyday, is something new for me. I am really starting to fall in love with photography and hope to have my own business someday. Your blog is super informative and as a former dancer and lover of dance it is great! Very nice to meet you!
Hi Alison! Your blog has a nice, fresh and clean look! The photos are really beautiful - as are your primary subjects :), you'll do well as a photographer! I particularly identified with your post about fall in Virginia and how it differs from Texas. We're originally from PA and there is something really special about fall, no matter where you live but I do miss those colors! And I wait all year for Pumpkin spice to hit starbucks and the coffee creamer aisle!! :D

Thanks for your kind words regarding my blog. I love finding out that other moms and bloggers I meet are former dancers. :)
Hello Everyone! My name is Lee and in bloggyville, I am Lee the Hot Flash Queen. I am a 42 year old mother of 2 kids and I live in Bellaire. I would love to have Blog girls night out with all the Houstonians!! I think it could be so much fun!

Lee
Hi Lee! Sounds fun :) I'm sure there are a lot more of us around here...
Hi. I'm Alba. I live in Houston. I have 1 son, who is 10. My blog is independentmami. I blog about my life, things that move me, reviews and giveaways. Anything goes. I am on blogspot.
Hi Alba! Thanks for saying hello :) I like the colors and design of your blog. Looks like you've had some great giveaways, too!
Hi my name is Cynthia and I live on the southwest side of Houston. I have 3 children, ages 32,21, and 19. My blog is Cookin' with Cynthia http://sweetsoulcreations.blogspot.com. I blog about recipes where I share them and my readers can pass them on to others!! I use Blogger (blogspot)
Ooooh, recipes! I'll be checking out your site, Cynthia! Nice to find you here. I already like the looks of that cabbage recipe! My husband is Polish and I have German on my side of the family so we get cabbage all the way around ;)

Have you been blogging long?
Hi, my name is Christina and I have a beautiful 5 month old baby boy. We live on the southeast side of Houston. Can't wait to check out all your sites! I am new to blogging and use blogspot. You can follow me at http://firstime-mom.blogspot.com

RSS

10/22/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service