I'm relatively new to blogging and only started in late January.  I love to host reviews and giveaways.  I try to write honest and detailed reviews and include pictures and info about the company. I love hosting giveaways even if I don't get a product to review.  I enjoy entering giveaways, too.  I contacted a company about their products (eco-friendly baby stuff, since I like to focus on products for women/families) and got the following message:

"Thanks for your interest.  I went to your blog and looked around. I see that mainly do reviews/giveaways, I was wondering if you have any valuable content posts. If you could point me to them, I'd love to read a couple."

Should I be insulted?  I thought my content was "valuable" - at least to me!  I work hard at this!  I'm not a professional writer nor do I want lengthy articles to be the focus of my blog (I already have a full time job, don't want another!)  How should I respond?  What is she looking for?  Thoughts?!  THANKS, everyone!

My blog is: http://busyworkingmama.blogspot.com/

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

I think they just mean blog posts that are NOT reviews and/or giveaways. Regular blog posts that talk about your family, parenting, etc.... I'm pretty sure that's what they mean.
I agree with Janine, I think they want to see more content to get to know you better maybe. A post that is not about someone else's company
OK thanks ladies!
No, you shouldn't be insulted. I need to pass on a little advice on how I do it.

What I do, as soon as I write a review, I post it in my blog and then I click into the post that is in the blog and right click on the browser address bar and copy and paste this address into an email that I PROMPTLY send to the company that I did the review for.

To do this quickly, I save the packaging and papers as to where said product came from, and if I know who the publicist is, t5hen I send the email notifying them of the newly-made review, WITH the copied-and-pasted link in the email. I ALWAYS do this. Never had a problem like this before. I had figured out how to do this early on. And it is my usual system of "operating" my blog.

http://www.stuffreviews.isgreat.org/
OK I contacted the company again and got this answer:

"By valuable content posts, I mean post with any information other than review/giveaways, examples: DIY articles, guide to or just information on any subjects that is dear to you. I ask this because we are constantly being contacted by bloggers, who sites only offer freebies. Of course this is a quick way to build a following and raise your ranking, but we find that is not the only following that you will want to have in the future as these people are not interested in anything except getting free stuff. We prefer to sponsor people who are willing to have sites dedicated to more than just revew/giveaways. I would encourage you to widen your horizon and offer more content. I'm sure you have a lot of great things that you do or experience in your everyday life that people would love to read about."

I guess that is good advice...but I am not sure I WANT to do anything outside of reviews/giveaways and my "My Life/Family" section. I don't know...when I read a review/giveaway on a blog, I don't just go to enter to win free stuff. I really LIKE to learn about new products and have discovered companies I probably wouldn't come across outside of the blog world. I've made purchases from companies who have offered giveaways.

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service