I'm doing a Cloth Diaper Journey with giveaway every week for cloth diapers and accessories. This lady on Etsy said she wanted to join and asked for my address. I sent her it. A few days went by and she sent me another message she was getting my package ready and there was a lot. I just received it today and she included the giveaway diaper for me to mail out. I've never mailed out any giveaway prizes. It was always the companies. Has anyone done this?

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there.

Oh yeah - Most of my giveaways I find the responsibility to ship the item.

I figure that I'm getting an item for free, so to pay minimal first class shipping is not a bad price to pay.

Melanie
Going Green with Noah
Do you ask for them to send you the giveaway item?

Melanie Melugin said:
Hi there.

Oh yeah - Most of my giveaways I find the responsibility to ship the item.

I figure that I'm getting an item for free, so to pay minimal first class shipping is not a bad price to pay.

Melanie
Going Green with Noah
I just started so I guess I don't want to anger the sponsor gods and refuse to send a giveaway prize out myself. However, it was a large item with heavy shipping charges I would probably let the sponsor know that I will not ship it out and they should make arrangements to ship it to the prize winner.

In the future, you could always tell the sponsor when you give them your mailing address that you would prefer they ship the prize to the winner. The worst that could happen is they say no.
It happens every so often - I think sometimes it is just easier for them to let us handle the fulfilling end, especially if they are new to sponsoring review and giveaways. Look at it this way: it saves us an extra step of emailing back and forth at the end of the giveaway, and you know for sure your winner will be getting their prize.
I've done this a few times but only with small items. Once i had a company send me two DVDs on accident. I told them I would just mail it out. And for the Zubbles they sent me the giveaway prize so I'm just going to mail it out. As long as it's not a really big item I don't mind. Heck, I have a ton of boxes around here to use...LOL
Every once in a while, I need to send something out but more often than not, I ask them to do it and they agree. I explain that if they cannot ship the item, I prefer to make it a review only instead of a review/giveaway. They get more exposure if I do the giveaway so I feel it's a fair trade-off for all the extra work involved in a giveaway. My blog is not monetized so I avoid all outside expenses unless the item they are giving me is a high-dollar one!

Always ask - the worst they will say is no. Then you go from there. Most companies are getting used to the request so you shouldn't meet with much resistance.

RSS

10/21/14 Writing Prompt

Facebook Hop - Every Monday!

CATCH THE BUZZ

SPECIAL HELLO FROM FRAN!

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service