I know you have to be on a paid acct to run your own ad's, has anyone had any luck with this? I cant find any info on there site about it?

Thanks

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

It really depends on what you're wanting to do. Monetizing is not just something you "do." It's more of a business decision that has to be planned out. I currently accept ads on my self-hosted site and have had some success in getting advertisers. But it's not something Wordpress does for you. You have to find the advertisers, pitch your site and post the ads yourself.
Lindsay is correct, it's not about monetizing Wordpress, it's your business that would be monetized. And that is very possible. You'll need to choose a niche which is what I have found is the best way to make more money. I truly don't think blogs with a ton of topics can be monetized as well as niche blogs/sites can. Figure out what your focus is going to be and start planning out your business. I personally don't have advertisers yet and do fine with affiliate marketing as far as monetizing goes.
Angie & Lindsay - blogs with many topics CAN be monetized. ANY website out there has the potential to be monetized, but it is based on how much traffic and if your visitors actually click on the ads. If they do not click, then you are not making money, no matter how many times a page with an ad has been seen.

You will make more as a self-hosted WordPress user as the opportunities to monetizing are vast: Pay to blog (Pay per Post or Social Spark), Adsense, Adbrite, Text Link Ads, Clickbank...etc.

When you place your Adsense, Adbrite, or Text Link Ads, you have to be strategic about it. Somewhere in your sidebar will not do for Adsense as you want to at least put 1 in your articles so the Adsense script will pick up your keywords and gear your ads relevant to your article.

RSS

12/26/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service