I believe Wordpress team think I am idiot. I started up Wordpress.com blog after understanding that I cannot develop Blogger in a way I want. Now I want to ad plugins and advertisments and I have to realise that there is a wordpress.org for that. Now I am going through lots of blogs to read how to do that. I can say, I am bad in copmuters and I am worried, could I do those FTP things....Can anyone say-will I lose my current content, when I will turn to self hosted blog?????

Views: 1

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

You will not lose anything going from WP.com to a self-hosted installation. The WP.org has an Import feature that lets you import your posts and comments from a variety of places (Blogger, TypePad, WP.com). FTP is doable with simple drag-and-drop applications such as Filezilla (is what I use on the PC).
Thank you Lisa, I am on to read manuals every day and watching these Youtube help videos. Thank God, there is somebody who cares about us :) I think I switch to WP.org this week.

RSS

12/23/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service