I believe Wordpress team think I am idiot. I started up Wordpress.com blog after understanding that I cannot develop Blogger in a way I want. Now I want to ad plugins and advertisments and I have to realise that there is a wordpress.org for that. Now I am going through lots of blogs to read how to do that. I can say, I am bad in copmuters and I am worried, could I do those FTP things....Can anyone say-will I lose my current content, when I will turn to self hosted blog?????

Views: 1

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

You will not lose anything going from WP.com to a self-hosted installation. The WP.org has an Import feature that lets you import your posts and comments from a variety of places (Blogger, TypePad, WP.com). FTP is doable with simple drag-and-drop applications such as Filezilla (is what I use on the PC).
Thank you Lisa, I am on to read manuals every day and watching these Youtube help videos. Thank God, there is somebody who cares about us :) I think I switch to WP.org this week.

RSS

Be a Part of Something Special for Social Good

We are putting together one of the largest projects on behalf of the world's poorest mothers, newborns, and children and need your help. JOIN OUR PRIVATE GROUP to learn more and to get involved.

Advertisement

MARKETPLACE

ADVERTISEMENT

Link to Us

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service