Freelance writing is a side job I enjoy doing. Right now I write for Demand Studios, Internet Brands and Interact Media when I have time. What sites do you enjoy writing for the most?

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I write for a local parenting magazine and that's my favorite. I also write sci-fi short stories for Golden Visions, and random articles using Triond. None of these actually pay the bills, though- it's more for fun and practice as I am going to school to become a professional writer.

http://tamingmymonsters.blogspot.com/

I'd love to be able to write for a parenting magazine or something like that--any tips on how to get "in touch" with one so I could apply? Thanks for your time!
I'm a writer--or at least I like to think I am, but have never really diligently pursued it as a career. I've done writing off and on for the past 15 years or so, but since I am new to the world of blogging, etc., I don't know where to begin. Any ideas? Thanks a mil for your time!
Divine Caroline and my own blog posts to inspire us to take risks in life.
For good advice on blogging, visit www.problogger.net. It's a great place to get started.
You could google parenting magazines, maybe even add your local metropolitan area to the search, then look for the writer's guidelines on the site or search for a contact person, such as editor of the section you'd like to write for.
I recently started writing for the CBS local Pittsburgh website and am enjoying writing about local events, activities and attractions. But I think I like writing for my own blogs best, actually. I also love writing for Type-A Parent.

RSS

12/27/14 DAILY BLOG PROMPT

A SPECIAL GREETING FROM FRAN DRESCHER

MOM BLOGGERS FOR SOCIAL GOOD

Mom Bloggers for Social Good is a global coalition of 2000+ mom bloggers who currently span over twenty countries and who care about spreading the good news about the amazing work non-profit organizations and NGOs are doing around the world.  Want to make a difference? Please join us!

Toxic Free Blog - by Brittany Glynn

Brittany is a director of the Toxic Free Foundation and created the first ever Toxic Free Certification Program.  Weekly, Brittany publishes the Toxic Free Blog and provides coaching to over 10,000 families in the United States alone.  She is the author of a Toxic Free educational series and co-author of several Toxic Free learning programs. Brittany is also an award winning author. 

© 2014   Created by Mom Bloggers Club.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service