Summer in the Charlotte area is a fantastic time for families to get together and spend quality time with one another. Here are some of the up and coming family-friendly events in the Charlotte area. If you're looking for a way to experience…
When special occasions turn up for young children we want to make their day as meaningful and memorable as possible. Birthdays, graduating from pre and elementary schools, and even ordinary spring and summer days worth celebrating can live long in your child’s memory. That’s some of…
Who can donate their eggs? Are there risks or side effects? Does it hurt? Who is going to use my eggs?These are some examples of valid questions a young woman asks herself when deciding to become an egg donor.…
Share a little something about yourself with other moms.
Christ-follower: I love the Lord and can’t imagine life without having a personal relationship with Him. Although I accepted Christ at the age of eleven, I wasn’t consistently living my life for Him. I am now on a journey of trying to live every day for God and am so thankful He loves me despite all my shortcomings.
Family: My husband and I have been married for 24 yrs. and have 3 great kids, along with 3 “not so great” pets that we love anyway. Although we’ve lived in Texas for 20+ years, we grew up in the Midwest. We live in the city of Grapevine and attend a non-denominational bible-based church.
Things my friends and family know about me:
• I’m directionally challenged and get lost a lot … I mean A LOT.
• I don’t like to cook and even worse, I’m not a good cook. In fact, the thought of cooking in front of others stresses me out.
• I love searching the Internet to self-diagnose, diagnose others and to find answers to just about anything. In fact, I just looked up to see if the fear of cooking has a name. Of course it does!
• I get myself into odd situations on a regular basis and wonder if it’s so my life can be a comic relief to others when they’re having a bad day.
• One of my favorite movie lines is, “I’m incapable of small talk”. I love authentic conversations with women; sharing struggles and life experiences is valuable and a way to help each other.
Education & Work: I received a degree in psychology at Iowa State University and went on to earn my master’s degree in counseling at North Texas University. I worked closely with young children but primarily worked with women suffering from eating disorders. I later spent several years in human resources, specializing in interviewing and hiring.
After my first child was born, I became a stay-at-home mom and many years later started a small, home-based business with a friend. We recently closed the business to have more time with our families and for me to complete a project God placed on my heart; the goal of publishing How Do We Get To Heaven?
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of Mom Bloggers Club to add comments!
Hi there and welcome from The Girlz Korner where you'll find light, witty and rather entertaining articles on every topic imaginable from beauty, health, fashion, parenting, recipes and everything else in between. So if you get a chance to kick back and exhale, if only for a brief moment, we'd love to have you. Hope you enjoy your stay :) http://www.thegirlzkorner.com