|My bulbs pushing through the ground, ever upward to feel the sun.
I know that January is almost over, but I wanted to share with you all what I would love to accomplish this year, both off and on my blog. This is my time to reflect upon myself, the Lord, and my life. My resolutions like so many others are a window into what I would love to change, work on, and grow in.
As the first flowers of spring push through the ground ever upward to feel the sun, I am pushing ever upwards in my edification to be more like Christ, the Son of God.
My 2015 Resolutions and Goals
- To Better Myself - This is a huge resolution that encompasses many aspects of my life.
- I need to deepen in my faith in The Lord Jesus Christ and be more like him every step of the way. I need to also be more aware of what I do and say to become more Christ-like.
- I would like to become more independent. I don't want to rely so heavily upon others.
- A steady progression in my fiber arts studies (sewing, knitting, crochet) is also welcome.
- I would like to continue my studies about herbs, herbal remedies, foraging, nutrition, and wild/raw foods.
- My studies about permaculture and how to best apply it to our farm needs to also continue.
- I would like to learn how to play the guitar and to continue advancing on violin (when I get another one).
- My fitness regimen needs to be more than chasing kids around the house, shopping, and blogging.
- I want to make living sustainably a part of my everyday life. Pushing for a more simplistic and less plastic/less waste lifestyle.
- I would like to cook more healthy meals at home so we don't end up with unhealthy options like takeout or fast food. Growing and having my own healthy food (garden/orchard/greenhouse/aquaponics/chickens/quail) will help with this. Also creating a meal plan will help too.
- Become a lot more involved with my children. Become a better role model and teacher for them.
- I need to have a: more organized household and schedule. I need to plan better, be on time, and procrastinate less.
I know that I may not accomplish all of these goals, but I am willing to at least give it a try. I know that circumstances beyond our control sometimes get in the way of progression. Hopefully I can document my growth on here. This is the first installment in my posts about improvements I will be making this year...with me, my blog, and my homestead/farm.
What are you working on this year?
I have the opportunity to give away a CleanRest Pillow Encasement below free for posting this information. All information and giveaway prizes are provided by Orkin and PartnersHub.
Orkin is back with #BedBugFeud - test your bed bug knowledge and see if you are keeping a clean bed in 2015!
Play the Bed Bug Feud and beat the clock to make the leaderboard!
At Orkin, we use the latest technology and unparalleled training to develop an effective treatment that's right for your needs. To learn more about our pest control based in science or to schedule an inspection, visit orkin.com
or call 1-800-800-ORKIN.
Orkin on Facebook: facebook.com/OrkinPestControl
Ask The Orkin Man® on Twitter: twitter.com/AskTheOrkinMan
Orkin YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/OrkinVideoBlog App:
- Test your Bed Bug knowledge and get on the leaderboard!
- Share your bed bug horror stories and what you’ve done so that the bed bugs won’t bite.
- Tweet using the #OrkinMan or #BedBugFeud hashtags on Twitter.
- Share the game on Facebook!
a CleanRest Pillow Encasement (retail value $20.00)
Giveaway open to the U.S. Each household is only eligible to win 1 ONE CleanRest Pillow Encasement via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
I am trying out Rafflecopter
on my blog. Please click on this post link if you do not see the script for it below. Also, if there is anything that is wrong with it let me know by emailing me: finamoon AT gmail DOT com
I will try my best at fixing it. Thanks for being awesome readers!a Rafflecopter giveawayDISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER:
Because I am posting about The Orkin #BedBugFeud App I am getting a Orkin CleanRest Pillow Encasement free for my readers as a giveaway and one to keep for myself. Thanks to PartnersHub for providing me this promotion information and free product. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for posting this blog app and giveaway.
US Family Guide provided me with this promotional information to share with my readers. I am getting something for free in return for posting this information.
Online specialty Food Company stands the test of time - Spice Company creates custom spice blends, seasonings and dry soups. Olde Westport Spice & Trading Company is a 33-year-old spice manufacturer that is still going strong. This online company operates a small plant in Goodland, Kansas, and knows a thing or two about spices, seasonings and soups. This family owned and operated company was originally founded in the Kansas City area and has stayed true to its mission of making custom spice blends for main meal dishes and appetizers as well as nearly 20 varieties of dry soups. The products are available online at www.oldewestportspice.com; at food-related craft and trade shows throughout the Midwest; and at gift and gourmet food shops. Olde Westport's spice blends and seasonings include Italian, Cajun, Taco, Fajita, Chili, Jalapeno, Beef Sauce, Salsa, Garlic and many more. All of the products use quality ingredients for a balanced flavor that compliments meats, pastas and vegetables. The company also invented dry soup mixes that are simple and easy to make including Antonio's Minestrone, Country-Style Creamy Potato, Chipotle Black Bean, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese, Kansas City Steak & Ale, Gold Coast Garlic Pasta Alfredo, Mesa Flats Chicken Enchilada, New Orleans Red Bean & Rice, Southwestern Tortilla, White Chili Soup and more. Olde Westport Spice and Trading Co. is owned and operated by Bill and Judy Petersen, who along with their daughter, Ann Myers, also own and run a restaurant (Westport Grill) in Goodland featuring the products. Bill first custom created all of the spices and seasonings in the kitchen of his home. Today the company has a manufacturing facility where Bill still researches and develops new recipes and dishes for future products. For more information or to place an order, please visit www.oldewestportspice.com or call 1-800-537-6470.
CHAMPIONSHIP CHILI SPICE BLEND
- This championship spice has helped chili creators win 12 state and national championships throughout the years and all over the US! But what is most important to us about our Olde Westport Chili Spice Blend is that our customers love to use it in their chili whether it's for a national championship cook-off challenge or simply for their own family in their cozy kitchen on a cold winter's night. We've heard from countless customers that our attention to detail and quality is what makes this chili spice blend stand out above the competitors. We know you might put beans in your chili or maybe you add apples and sausage or perhaps you have a special recipe that is top secret but starts with thick-cut bacon... however you concoct your chili we hope you'll try our chili spice blend.
GOLD COAST GARLIC SHAKE
- Gold Coast Garlic Shake spice blend is truly one of those special blends of garlic, herbs and spices that our customers use in sour cream dips, sprinkle over steamed vegetables, fresh vegetables from your garden, garlic mashed potatoes or steak on the grill. There are more than 50 recipes in the Olde Westport Gold Coast Garlic Cookbook that will give you lots of ideas for quick simple meals with that high-end restaurant flavor. A garlic experience you will never forget. Check out the Olde Westport web site for a few recipes and placing orders.
Readers get 10% off
of their order.http://usfamilycoupons.com/coupon.php?regionid=75&bid=11887&dealid=1844
Because I am posting about the Olde Westport Spice Company Offer I am getting Get a free jar of Mesquite Seasoning, Garlic Seasoning, a package of Chili, Enchilada, and Chili Verde. Value is $22.50. Thanks to USFamilyGuide.com
for providing me this promotion information and free spices. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for posting this promo.