I’ve always wanted to decorate my house for every holiday, complete with themed wreath on the door and decor on the fireplace mantel. Why can’t I still do that?? Mostly because life happens. Money isn’t always there to spend on decor for every holiday. I know, I know. I can always…Continue
Added by Samantha Roberts on February 9, 2016 at 2:10pm — No Comments
Added by Elizabeth on December 22, 2015 at 8:39am — No Comments
Christmas trees. Christmas presents. Christmas custody?
When a couple with children are no longer together, the couple has to decide who will have the children during the holidays. There are some who may celebrate the holidays together in hopes of creating a peaceful holiday for the children. There are others, like me, who are not in a true co-parenting relationship. …Continue
Added by Tiffany Benyacko on December 16, 2015 at 9:35pm — No Comments
Part of our Christmas Holiday traditions includes attending the light shows offered all over the city, both commercial and neighborhood run. There are few things more spectacular during the holiday season than elaborately decorated displays with beautifully strung lights, rich deep reds and greens, and the smell of pine emanating from fresh cut Christmas trees. And in addition to the highly publicized, world famous Wanamaker Light Show (now Macy's), which I will be discussing…
Added by Karla Gibbs on December 15, 2015 at 2:06pm — No Comments
It was Thanksgiving Day and all of my homemade pumpkin soup and pumpkin puree I had so tirelessly prepped during the week and froze cracked, broke, and poured into my tiny freezer. I was preparing dinner entirely by myself for the first time since Terry was volunteering at the homeless shelter, so fter a few choice words on my list of horrible experiences involving pretty much all of my recent experiences with Ball quart jars, I was forced to resort to the quick and easy…
Added by Karla Gibbs on December 8, 2015 at 9:24am — No Comments
Originally posted at Just Playing House.
As I look around my kids rooms, I am constantly reminded that we need to do a major clean out! I mean MAJOR! This is especially true for my daughter Melia (age 4). We are lucky to have a clear path to walk to her bed. Night wakings have become hazardous to our health!
For my own safety and sanity, I love experience gifts for kids! Let’s be honest, our kids don’t…Continue
Added by Dea Lenihan on December 1, 2015 at 11:30am — No Comments
Now, as most of y’all know I am often called a Pollyanna thanks to my glass is half full positive outlook on life. However there is one thing in this world that quickly turns this Pollyanna into a Negative Nelly and that is a good old-fashioned cookie exchange! Shocking, but true! I have participated in my fair share and even organized a few and let me tell you, now I understand what they mean by a labor of love. Except for in this case, unlike actual labor where you totally forget…Continue
Added by Kat Tom on November 18, 2015 at 5:00pm — No Comments
Added by Clarissa Laskey on November 18, 2015 at 12:01pm — No Comments
Having a successful caravan trip with young kids comes down to planning, every, single, time. Your planning and the kids involvement should begin well before you set off on the road. While planning your itinerary get the kids involved. Ask them what kinds of things they’d like to see and do and plan in accordance. Of course, you might have something even better in mind, but it will help your kids get excited about the trip and ease any anxiety they may be dealing with at the thought of…Continue
Added by Kirsten Tanner on August 16, 2015 at 11:00pm — No Comments
As the Fourth of July arrives, I am filled with childhood memories of summer: going to camp and catching fireflies, of riding bikes and when Dad fired up the grill because it was too hot for Mom to use the oven every night. I can even remember the one summer there was a lunar eclipse and I was allowed to stay up and watch it.…
Christmas is almost here, two days and all of our hard work and sleepless nights will be rewarded with happy, smiling family members.
Ahhh we can finally breathe a sigh of relief and rest a bit. But that is not for two more days and if you are anything…
Added by Rebecca borrero on December 17, 2014 at 9:30pm — No Comments
Added by Jennifer Weedon Palazzo on December 13, 2014 at 10:34am — No Comments
This is such a fun post because it combines several components I’m very passionate about….FASHION, TECHNOLOGY, SHOPPING and ENTREPRENEURSHIP!
Women 2.0 put a list together of 21 gift ideas born of female-owned startups. This is right up the Idea Mama’s alley!!!!!
There were several that really…Continue
Added by Kristen Luciani on December 12, 2014 at 4:09pm — No Comments
Every year I say the same thing, "don't overdo it, Krystal!". What do I end up doing? You guessed it. Don't we all though? You're walking through the store and those little voices go off in your head as you near the toy aisle of just how much this would make your daughter light up. Or how much fun your son would have building this with his dad. The list goes on. We're always finding ways to justify overdoing it for our kids. And why not? They're our kids! Since we want to always…Continue
Added by Krystal Chiarolla on December 10, 2014 at 7:12pm — No Comments
Congratulations to Missy DePew, a Mompreneur who created MOMZY , a social shopping website and mobile app for moms.
Learn more from Missy below:
I’m a mom most importantly to Ally, 14 and Ryan,11. I’m a TV Producer and…
Added by Ellie Hirsch on December 9, 2014 at 9:33pm — No Comments
This would be our second visit to Busch Gardens this year, and I was excited because it's "Christmas Town" time! According to the weather forecast, there was only a 10% chance of rain, so I knew that meant 90% chance of rain. I was happy when we arrived because there was only a drizzle off and on...but that changed around mid day.
We arrived at…
Added by Ronda on December 8, 2014 at 1:27am — No Comments
Added by Krystal Chiarolla on December 5, 2014 at 12:30am — No Comments
The Holidays are in full force, can you feel all the Holiday cheer?
I absolutely love the lights, decorations, family time and presents.
This is a perfect time to reflect on the past year. Spend time with family and friends while sharing a warm cup of cocoa or tea, spiked or unspiked, this is a time…
Added by Hope Brissette on December 4, 2014 at 8:00pm — No Comments