This is for all of you newbies out there. Well, and anyone else who needs a refresher. Feel free to post your tips.
1. Comment on other sites. It's obvious and it works!
2. Join comment groups such as the ones on this site.
3. Participate in daily memes.
4. Sometimes it takes other bloggers time to warm up to you. Keep commenting.
5. Get noticed via networking- here for instance.
6. Ask a question which will inspire answers posted as comments.
7. Start a comment club with other bloggers.
8. Make sure that your posts are interesting enough to inspire comments.
9. On my site
I have challenged my readers to make 1000 comments in a month. It's all in fun but, it has inspired commenting.
10. Make it as easy as possible to comment. That means, take out the forms to fill out and the word verification. Nothing turns people off more. So what if you get spammed. You can delete the comment just as fast.
What ideas to you have for inspiring comments?