If you have been thinking about starting a company blog as part of your current marketing efforts, you might question the benefits of blogging in return for doing it. To help answer your questions, read the following ten ways that blogging can benefit your business and online marketing strategy.
1. Low-cost Marketing. Blogging has a minimal cost, namely, your time to write each blog entry and the monthly cost of a website or blog host.
2. Company Visibility. A daily or weekly blog will increase your company’s visibility. With time and consistent blog posts, your readers will recognize your company name and logo.
3. Product and Service Exposure. By blogging about your company’s products, services and latest business developments, interested readers will associate your products and services and their quality with your company.
4. Maintaining Networks of People. Networks of customers and employees are easy to maintain with a blog. A blog entry reaches potentially thousands of people the minute you post an entry online.
5. Client Interaction. Blogging allows readers to see the personal side of the company you represent online. By asking for comments and feedback on blog entries, you invite direct interaction with your customer base.
6. Reputation Building. By blogging on the business topic you are passionate about you will build your online reputation as an expert or authority in your industry.
7. Business Credibility. Blogging in a straightforward and personal voice with a consistent and targeted message will build credibility for your company and its name.
8. Free SEO. Blogging generates fresh and SEO-rich content. Search engines love the fresh content that comes with blogs.
9. Better Writing Skills. When you write consistently for a blog, your writing skills will continuously improve.
10. Better Research Skills. Blogging strengthens your research skills. Good research is part of a credible and interesting blog.
Why not start a blog right now? The more time you think about it the more time it will take to see the benefits of blogging.