Almost every day, I run into a busy mama friend and the first thing she says to me is, “Don’t look at me, I didn’t have time to put makeup on today!” Trust me, I’ve had my days too. After some time though, it got me thinking. How long does it really take us to put makeup on? Is it that time consuming or do we just think it is so we run out of the house feeling sorry for ourselves that we didn’t take time for us.
For you. I timed it. Yep. I timed myself putting on my make-up, “my face” and I’m here to tell you that if I can do it in just under 5 minutes with 3 little ones, so can you!
Today I’m sharing with you the products I use (with purchase links) along with a step by step How-To so you can achieve the
5 Minute Face for Busy mamas!
1. Apply Well Rested under eyes (Tip: A little goes a long way; especially after a sleepless night!).
2. Using a large makeup brush, swoosh High Definition Foundation by Makeup Forever over entire face.
3. Add some color to your cheek bones with MAC’s ‘Frankly Scarlet’ Matte blush. (Tip: Smile when applying!)
4. Apply MAC ‘Mulch’ to the lids of your eyes and right above the crease.
5. Use MAC ‘Teddy’ or ‘Coffee’ to pencil on the top & bottom of your eye. (Tip: Meet each line at the corner of your eye.)
6. Finish by applying Tarina Tarantino Mascara to your lashes.
*Don’t forget lips! (Mine are usually done in the car with softlips pearl shimmer or coral gloss)*
AND TOOK LESS THAN 5 MINUTES
(with 3 boys!)
It’s amazing how taking 5 minutes for ourselves and applying just a little makeup can make us feel! When I take 5, I notice that I hold my chin a little higher, smile a little bigger and I feel ready for the busy day ahead!