What To Do With My Leftover Halloween Candy?!?!?!
If you're like me, right now you have big bags of candy at your house staring you in the face. Look at all the loot my daughter got last night!!!!
Am I tempted? YES!
I've gotta get this candy out of here. But how?
Check out 5 GREAT ideas from my friends, plus a few extras thrown in for free. :)
5. “We keep all of it in a bin in the pantry and let them pick out one piece as a treat each day. They forget about it after a week or so, then we give it away.” Matt S.
4. “I buy it off my granddaughters and they get the money to spend on something they really like. I keep it and let them have a treat once in awhile. Like others mention they soon forget about it and when I offer up a treat they remember and smile over it. The rest gets dumped at the end.” Linda H
3. “We should start a collection in our neighborhood and mail it to the troops! ” :) Tamar V.
2. The kids chose 5 pieces each, then we took the rest to a homeless shelter. Eye-opening for sure and they really appreciated what they had! Sarah S.
1. “Sarah S. has the best idea I’ve ever heard. “The Switch Witch”. The kids get to pick out a certain number of candies to keep. Then, they hang their bags on their bedroom door, and the “Switch Witch” comes along and takes the candy and leaves them a toy (probably a toy they’ve wanted). She even took it a step further and the “Switch Witch” leaves them a note telling them she needs help with her job because she’s so busy and asks them to take it to a homeless shelter to share.” Katie J.
Here are some of my ideas, I hope you like them…
We’ll be using some of our candy to make our Gingerbread house for Christmas!!
Moms like me who homeschool, or who are just into “out of the box” education will appreciate this. CANDY EXPERIMENTS!!! Yes, you read that right! Use your left over candy to teach your kids some cool stuff about science! Acid tests, sink or float, making life saver lights, oil tests and more! Click here to try your own candy experiments!
If you LOVE to bake like me, you can use some of the leftover candy to make special treats. Notice I said “special” treats. Not all of the time. Use your leftover candy to make “Better for you Candy Bar Cookies“! (the recipe is for 10 dozen, so make sure you click to reduce the # needed!)
Finally, if you don’t care about “wasting the candy”, by that I mean throwing it away. You can ask your kids if you can “buy” their candy from them. But, here’s the catch, the money won’t go to your kids, instead they get to donate the money to the charity of their choice! Of course, you may need to guide them a little (if they are young). You can first find out where their heart is. Maybe they have a heart for kids with cancer, or people who don’t have food, or clean water and then go online together and maybe give them an option of 2-3 charities that meet the need they chose. I use Charity Navigator to find out how the charities are using their money, so I know they aren’t wasting the funds we give them.
I hope this list helped you out! If you liked these ideas, please share on fb and twitter. There are MORE ideas of mine on this post, click here. If you have more cool ideas we didn’t mention, comment below! Hope you had a Happy Halloween!!!
P.S. For a healthy eating plan to detox from Halloween, click here. Also, check out