We’ve long been fans of Working Mother even though its very title denotes, “I have a job” when in fact with our continued economic turmoil it could be renamed, “I Want to be a Working Mother or “I Need to be a Working Mother.” Nevertheless, Working Mother magazine is famous for its “lists” such as 2010’s, 100 Best Companies. While this may give a notable nod to those corporations who’ve increased work/life harmony, it specifically offers us the opportunity to hone in on 100 potential targets to market ourselves to. Another such recent report by Working Mother,Career vs. Paycheck, reveals that if you view your job as a paycheck you are unhappier in life than if you view your job as a career. Hmm, we could have told you that (and we’re sure that applies to men too). The survey goes on to report additional “I knew that(s)” to interesting nuggets of information on what men still don’t know about working moms (or at least admit to knowing!). Both reports are worthy reads but may not land you that job in end. We know just the way!
1. Invite your friends to Sign up for FREE as a member of Butterfly. Share a bit about yourself (if you haven’t done so already) so that we (Bradi Nathan and Terry Starr – that’d be us) can best direct you to the appropriate FREE resources.
2. Scour MyWorkButterfly's national Job Board with 10,000+ opportunities that can be narrowed down by market or field of interest.
3. Upload your Resume there for employers to consider.
4. Speak with MyWorkButterfly's Resident Career Coach and read the resourceful advice pertaining to resume writing, self-discovery...
5. Join the many groups such as:
6. Watch the Mom Mentor Videos and become inspired by challenges/failures and then successes of celebrity moms, hi-profile moms and peers.
7. MyWorkButterfly.com Home Page Recruitment Campaigns:
8. Blog/Chat/Friend with other members to share your expertise and to further network your way to landing a job that you so desire.
AND, build a website for your firm or your brand if you have not done so already. Go to www.GetWebCustumers.com for fast site build-out, hosting/support/LIVE technical services, domain registration and obtain statistical tracking reports!
You are in charge of your own success. Go get it. Please let us know how Butterfly has helped you to land a job, switch careers or perhaps inspired you to make a life change. Your feedback is critical to our success.
To advertiser or to sponsor a Weekly Wings, email firstname.lastname@example.org
PS. Get a FREE 8x10 canvas portrait. Our thanks for being a Butterfly member!