Yes, you are still at the Writing Roads Blog, aka. Blogging Roads!
Last night my dear designer, Leslie Tane, surprised me by expanding my blog into three columns with a new theme called Amazing Grace, a lightweight, super-optimized WordPress theme packed with features (SEO, Adsense & Widget Ready) created by Vladimir Prelovac. I was thrilled as I’ve been itching for some more elbow room!
One impetus for this space-making was that I’ve been approached by several vendors looking to advertise. As many of you know, I’ve been on the fence about the advertising thing…or, at least, I was. Now, I’ve definitively hopped over to the advertising side.
1. As long as I feel good about the vendors, why shouldn’t I provide them the opportunity to promote themselves.
2. I’m not forcing my readers to read the ads or click on them. This is optional and you won’t have to wade through them in order to get to the posts.
3. Okay, most people don’t say this out loud, but I’m going to: I work really hard on this blog. Why shouldn’t I receive support? There is no reason! I deserve it. You deserve it. We all deserve it!
A Deal for My Peeps
For the first two weeks (starting…NOW), I’m offering a deal on advertising. If you are connected to me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn, or if you’re a friend of mine on Twitter Moms or Mom Bloggers Club, you will get 20% for one year.
125 x 125 pixel ad
* standard rates = $30/month or $324/year (10% yearlong discount)
* special discount price = $24/month or $288/year
125 x 250 pixel ad
* standard rates = $45/month or $486/year (10% year-long discount)
* special discount price = $36/month or $432/year
If you’re interested, please email me directly: julie (at) writingroads (dot) com. Payments will be made via paypal. Also, if you want to advertise, but don’t have your ad widget, I’ve got some great designers lined up that can help you with this, just let me know. Looking forward to promoting your business!