Recently, we have all heard or read about the RNC spending $150,000 on clothing etc. for the Palin family in six weeks. According to the RNC, the money was all donated so, why should the public care?
If the media were to remove the name of Sarah Palin, and the story were presented as "Jane Doe spent $150,000 of donated money for clothing etc." what would you think?
I would think $150,000 is a lot of money to spend on clothing etc. especially, in six weeks. I don't care if it is for the Queen of England, Madonna, or even me. $150,000 can buy a lot of stuff for a lot of good causes.
- According to Eat so They Can, $150,000 can feed 200 kids 3 meals a day (in an orphanage) for an entire year.
- Also According to Eat so They Can, $150000 can cater medically for 200 kids for 3 years .
- You could feed $150,000 dogs and cats at a $1/day for a year
- In the United States, according to the Census Bureau, the median annual household income is $50,233.00.
- Plumbers made about $47,000 last year on the average.
- The average American home sells for around $250,000. In some areas of the country, $150,000 can buy a nice home for you and your family, like in Sioux City, Iowa where the median home value is around $139,178.
So, yeah, $150,000 spent on anything seems like a lot of money.