You may think photographing children is hard but they are actually pretty simple if you follow a few simple rules. If you use any of these tips or blog about it please tell me so I can see what you did! I love to visit other blogs:)
- Take ALLOT of photos and I mean allot. In one "photo shoot" or in one day i can take over 300 pictures and keep about 50. Remember its digital!
- Get down to their level so you can see their face. Zoom in so you can focus on the details and not anything distracting in the background. See the differences:
- Sometimes a frown or funny face are just as cute as a smile. And remember photography is about the story! This photo may not be a smiling face but it has a story.
- Use Natural Light I cannot stress this enough! There is a huge difference between using flash and not. Just turn it off and I promise you will love your photos so much more! When you use flash your photos are harsher and every flaw in the photo is show. See the difference below:
- Use different angles or tilt your camera. Get creative this is an art!
- Be patient don't force anyone to smile or you will be disappointed let the shots come to you. Even if not everyone is looking at the camera or smiling doesn't mean its a bad shot.